Bodyglove drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone out there tried the new Bodyglove drysuit?
B O D Y G L O V E | 2 0 0 7
I am looking for some input.
I am getting ready to purchase my first suit. I am leaning towards a bodyglove as they give me a substantial discount.
I dive in so cal and am wondering if this will do the trick. They don't appear to offer any accesories with this suit. Are all drysuit hoods compatible?
I just talked to the factory, and, they are getting ready to come out with rockboots for this suit.

I bought one from an on-line vendor in 2007. Think it was called the "Crush". Have dove it about 30 times and like it a lot. Went by the size chart on the website and it fit me perfectly. Just recently bought a pair of the BodyGlove 3mm Flipper Slippers too.

Both items seem to be well made and have held up so far.

That's a nice looking drysuit, particularly for the money. I've been leaning toward the White's Fusion, but this looks interesting. As far as hoods go, it's really personal preference. I'm anxious to see if there's anyone with experience with this suit.

I have my feelers out. it is a hard decision, as i get about 60% off of that price. I am worried about the durability of this suit, as i am hard on my equipment.
It would not be my first choice, but, can't argue with the price.....

For 60% off it's a no brainer! Can you get me one?

they take very good care of me over there. can't take advantage of it. Wouldn't be very ethical. Although your request helps me lean towards getting one for me.

My friend, if they take good care of you over there, and it looks like you are at least within reasonable driving distance from them (they're in Redondo or Torrance, right?), GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
Being local could also mean you can try on different sizes to get a good fit.

Compare it to any of the other drysuits in the numerous shops around LA, then you can decide for yourself if it's a good buy.

Less than $500 for a new drysuit? Do it! There are several outfits around the country (Superior, Gamble, etc.) that can put on extra pockets, zipper protectors, etc., and you'd still be way ahead budget wise.

I had been using a Bodyglove bibbed hood with my DUI suit which has the warm neck collar. For Xmas, my buddy gave me a zippered drysuit hood (Deepsea)without bib and I really like it. I can get it to slightly overlap my neck seal. Feels a little more free when turning my head as opposed to the bibbed hood.

Hard to argue that one. I figure I would have to totally ruin this suit 2-3 times and buy a new one before I would be up to a cost of a more durable suit.
I know very little about drysuits. Could you explain the difference between the different types of hoods?

As far as hoods go, I can only discuss "wet" drysuit hoods. Drysuit "dry" hoods are a different animal (they are usually integral with the suit and form the head/neck seal).

SOme drysuits have the extra stretch collar that overlaps the seal (DUI's version is called a warm collar) and these are intended to trap the bib on a bibbed hood. This helps minimize water flow into the hood. My DUI suit (bought used) with the warm collar came with a hood with a small bib, but the hood was too tight on my head and neck so I used my Bodyglove bibbed hood. As the BG hood was intended for use with a wet suit, the bib is larger...it still tucks into the warm collar, but bunches up too much (was going to trim it but started using the zip hood). The zipped hood has no bib, just a neck that comes down to just below my adams apple. The hood is thicker that the BG, so not as stretchy, hence the zip. when closed up, it fits really well and keeps my head warmer than the BG.

HTH

Rob

PS: Do you dive with any of the local groups? Kelp Divers, Beach Crabs? The Crabs are diving Malibu on Sunday...info on the SoCal forum.

Back
Top Bottom