Bodyglove drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you are basically diving with a wet hood. really not much of a problem around here.
As far as diving, i have not yet gone with any of the local groups.
Where are they diving in malibu? I might check it out. Or, maybe I will wait 'till i can go dry.

Yeah, wet hood. I dont know anyone (dont think I've ever seen one) that dives with a dry head around here. One of my diving pals had a custom wet hood made that has 10 0r 12mm around the upper head/ears, with the rest in 5mm or 3mm...looks like a rubber helmet, but she loves it.

The dive Sunday will be at Nicholas Canyon. My buddy and I will be there. I'll be diving wet as my suit is in the shop. Look for the llama.

More info here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/216350-weekly-dive-sun-jan-13th.html

Yeah, Otter Bay Wetsuits in Monterey makes the custom 12mm hoods to fit your noggin. A lot of local divers around here swear by them.

I've been diving in a DUI CLx450 for several years, and I'm EXTREMELY statisfied with its performance. Therefore, when it's time for a new suit, I will give DUI GREAT consideration. However, if I had the opportunity to purchase a $1200 Body Glove dry suit at 60% off ($720) -- it's a no-brainer. (In my humble opinion.)

I've been diving in a DUI CLx450 for several years, and I'm EXTREMELY statisfied with its performance. Therefore, when it's time for a new suit, I will give DUI GREAT consideration. However, if I had the opportunity to purchase a $1200 Body Glove dry suit at 60% off ($720) -- it's a no-brainer. (In my humble opinion.)

It actually is more of a no brainer , as it will be a couple hundred less than that. As much as i would like a bomb proof suit, I'm gonna have to give it a try.Especially since it will be my first one.

Any suggestions on what else I will need to go with this suit? They don't sell any accesories, so, i will have to pick everyones brain for that info as well. I don't know much about drysuits yet.....

Thanks for all the help.....

Any suggestions on what else I will need to go with this suit?

Undergarments! Several sources:
1.I like the prices for custom undies from Softwear (SoftWear for the Scuba Diver)
2. The inexpensive undies sold on e-bay (see other posts in this forum)
3. Carol's??? not sure of spelling. she has a website...search around this forum you should be able to find it.

Depending on the boot size of the suit, you may need new fins.

Depending on the boot size of the suit, you may need new fins.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that...

Robert...

What thickness undergarments do you use around here?

Robert...

What thickness undergarments do you use around here?

I am using the thermals that came with my used suit, DUI Polartech 300 (mucho dinero if bought new...alternate sources go for considerably less). I add a Chili's Montana tech fleece zip neck long sleeve shirt as a base layer. This keeps me comfortable down the mid 50s. For added warmth in cooler water, I have been placing a folded up fleece blanket on my chest, and will be ordering a custom vest from Softwear Diving to replace the blanky. For my feet I use two pairs of Thurlo wool blend hiking socks, but will be ordering 300 wt fleece socks from Softwear when I order the vest. I know a few dryvers that wear lighter undies in the summer, but I used my wet suit when the water warmed up.

PS: Feel free to post the underwear question on the SoCal forum as you are likley to get "local" answers as well as other suggestions for sources.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom