Bodyglove drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, new to the scubaboard forums. I am not familiar with the suits you are refering to. I have just found cheap Northern Diver stuff through Scuba Doctor which I am interested In. Can any one tell me if it is any good & what is a fair price ? How much is it in USA, as I am an AUSSIE.

I just spoke to someone at the Online Scuba ( BodyGlove Polymer Backed Nylon Dry Suit w/ Nylon Sock Boots - Online SCUBA Gear) about this suit and apparently Body Glove has a moratorium on sales of these suits. Basically they suspended all sales and shipments on them and there is no ETA on when they will be back.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks

Here is an update to my own post.

B/G is holding these suits at the factory for quality control reasons. From what i understood its not a global type "these suits are all bad" type of situation, but rather a particular batch of suits is found to have had some manufacturing issues. So... the suits should be back in distribution rather sooner than later.

I actually find this a pretty good sign, meaning it is nice to know that B/G is actually tracking and managing their production quality and it is better "them" then us, the users, to have found an issue.

Cheers.

I own one of the new ones, and I love it. I have shelved my TLS 350 and couldn't be happier with the B/G. I was looking for a drysuit to replace the old one, and after seeing it a DEMA, I became a dealer.

I wore it in +- 50 degree water for about 7 hours while doing some work and stayed completely dry. Its has a familiar cut and design and the outer liner is tough enough to handle the commercial work I do.

I really love the suit and not because I am supposed to say that since I am a dealer, it just fits great and tough enough for commercial and technical diving.

I actually spoke with the factory, and, they sent the suits back because of a problem with the arm valve. they said to check back in a couple of weeks as to when they will be ready.
I have a good relationship with the factory and will post when they get them back in.
I will be getting one for myself when they do.

Lets see what happens.

My other suit of choice is Pinnacle Evo 2

Anyone out there tried the new Bodyglove drysuit?
B O D Y G L O V E | 2 0 0 7
I am looking for some input.
I am getting ready to purchase my first suit. I am leaning towards a bodyglove as they give me a substantial discount.
I dive in so cal and am wondering if this will do the trick. They don't appear to offer any accesories with this suit. Are all drysuit hoods compatible?
I just talked to the factory, and, they are getting ready to come out with rockboots for this suit.

Problem with Body Glove's drysuit is they were supposed to come out with it a long time ago and now that they have, the suit is on hold due to QC issues and no time when they'll be released. Bummer.

Does anyone have any updates for this thread? I am considering purchasing a 2008 Body Glove drysuit for diving in < 400F water.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on one, finally. Mrs. Claus gave the thumbs up for Christmas.
I will let you know. I know they had them back in stock about a month ago. I will be in touch with the factory in the next few days.

dashark, did you end up purchasing the drysuit? If so, how do you like it? Anyone else purchase one of these yet? They look nice in the pictures. I am ready to buy one, but it is always nice to have comments from divers who have used it.
Thanks,

Sorry I did not.
Ended up diving a whites fusion during the demo tour and pulled the trigger.
Santa was supposed to have the Bodyglove under the tree. Instead she said "you can get your drysuit". So, i went for the upgrade......
Sorry i couldn't be more help. I'm stoked on the fusion, though....

Back
Top Bottom