Bonaire Trip 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth:
my question is what airport do i need to fly into because when i did a airport search and bonaire is BON, but when i plugged it into AA flight search it came up with curacao am i missing something here ?

Tooth
The airport you're looking for is indeed BON (Prinses Amalia Airport formerly known as Flamingo Airport).

Laurens

ok thanks

question as im trying to figure out travel is this trip and such going to start on the 24 or earlier and i need to travel before then. i ask because im looking at AA flight schedule and doesnt matter what im looking at 12 hour travel time which ever direction i take. so ideally i would like to be able to get off the plane and within a couple of hours in the water relaxing.

tooth

Tooth:
Doing an Internet search for air doesn't always bring up all the airlines.
Air Jamaica goes from Houston to Jamaica to Bonaire.
Check it out and forget American Airlines from here. Too much trouble and too much money from IAH. :)
Glad you're hoping to join us!

Far_X:
I am definitely coming. "Check is in the post." As I am by myself, I need a roomie. I am a bloke, just in case anyone was wondering...LOL Natasha, I recall you saying you think you may know of someone I could share with.

Far X ..AKA Paul:
Wonderful speaking with you today. I'm pretty sure I have a diver for you to room with. I'll know for sure shortly. :winky:

Hmmm ... should I be worrying about booking flights just yet?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob:
No way. It's much too early. I wouldn't even look for flights for September until at least after Easter.

Natasha

thanks for the advice, im still thinking about it but im gonna make a decision soon as i think i can do this $$$ wise but i will have to look at it as this would make a great bday present as my birthday would be during the trip. also can i pay for this trip with plastic? thanks for the tip on AJ.

also is this trip going to start on the 24th early or late and then the same for the first.

just as a question would this be a good trip for a photographer to bring there gear?

Tooth

Scubatooth:
just as a question would this be a good trip for a photographer to bring there gear?
Yes, do bring your camera, strobe etc.

Laurens

Scubatooth:
Natasha

thanks for the advice, im still thinking about it but im gonna make a decision soon as i think i can do this $$$ wise but i will have to look at it as this would make a great bday present as my birthday would be during the trip. also can i pay for this trip with plastic? thanks for the tip on AJ.

also is this trip going to start on the 24th early or late and then the same for the first.

Tooth

Hi Tooth:

All great questions. I'm not sure if everyone knows that I have been a travel agent for 15 years. My sister and I have had our own travel business for 10 of those 15 years. My web site is www.coasttocoasttravel.vacation.com

The reason I'm telling you this, is anyone booking an individual trip can use plastic, but group trips have to be done by check. However you can use one of those checks your credit card sends you.:)
I hope that helped.

Also Happy B Day for the September trip. I really hope you can make it.

Most people will be flying in on the 24th. If they take Air Jamaica they arrive at 3:30PM. So we could do a check out dive that afternoon. The American Airlines people will arrive at 8 PM so it's a bit late for them to dive that day.

I agree, because there is little or no current in Bonaire it's great for photos. You can stay in one place as long as you like to get the shot!

Natasha:
I agree, because there is little or no current in Bonaire it's great for photos. You can stay in one place as long as you like to get the shot!

Is this going to affect my buoyancy skills? I only dream of no currents - didn't think that state actually existed...LOL. Next you'll be saying that visibility is greater than 5 feet!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom