Bookmarks on Perdix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

estresao

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got my brand new Perdix 2 which have not yet touched the water, but after reading the documentation I"ve found nothing about the ability to creating bookmarks.

I used to used them in my former computer ussualy set in gauge mode. I founded pretty usseful to record some moments of the dive like when I reach main line or turn back in a cave, when I change gasses (remember I usually use gauge mode).

It's not possible to do with my Perdix 2?

What a pity, I think tags are very usefull in my technical diving to record events thst allow me to analyze my dives.

If you leave it in computer mode instead of gauge mode. You get all the same information and the download would show gas switches and where you turned based on profile. You could tell where you tied in based on a pause in the profile. Not exactly the same, but the information could be gathered.
Gauge mode download would do the same I think, minus the gas switches.

If you leave it in computer mode instead of gauge mode. You get all the same information and the download would show gas switches and where you turned based on profile. You could tell where you tied in based on a pause in the profile. Not exactly the same, but the information could be gathered.
Gauge mode download would do the same I think, minus the gas switches.
It could work..... but isn't the same. Investigating the dive profile could be hard some times, mainly when you don't stop so no clear "clue" will be seen on it.

Turning in a cave is easy to see, but not that easy in some open water dives. Tag when you reached the main line or a fork... hhmmm some times.

Plus not easy when you are analyzing the curve in your way back in a boat sometimes jumping.

In my oppinion is a very usefull tool... just hope Shearwater add it soon in any firmware update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom