Bottle Rockets for 4th of July, Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbles3d

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know where I can purchase bottle rockets in the Dallas, TX area for the 4th of July? Apparently they are no longer selling them or maybe they have been banned? I am not sure, so any information would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Bottle rockets have been banned in the state of Texas. This went into effect the first of this year.

Maybe you could light a scuba tank and then burst the valve.

Bottle rockets have been banned in the state of Texas. This went into effect the first of this year.

Maybe you could light a scuba tank and then burst the valve.

I'd love to see a tank explode....

Last year I was down in Roswell NM, just before the 4th, and they had tents full of every kind of bottle rocket. If you know anyone over that way they could probably hook you up.

We sneaked some back on the company truck and had a good ol time on the 4th.

Good Luck.

Wow, thats a good idea, wonder who we could get to blow up a scuba tank.

What about videos?

Is there any place closer to TX than NM to get bottle rockets?

hmmmm - myth busters has attempted to blow up scuba tanks full of air on a couple of occasions. I believe they were testing the Jaws myth (the tank that blows up in Jaws' mouth). What alot of people seem to think would happen - doesn't. Namely, they don't explode - they shoot off in a direction opposite to where ever a hole has been created (kind of like a pop bottle). They did this inside of a shipping container. I believe the hole they created was usually accomplished using a high powered rifle. The air is released so quickly there's only a moment or two of action. It was really less exciting then you might think it would be. But thats assuming your tank is full of air...

Sorry for the let down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom