Boynton Beach, or Jupiter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great feedback. From what I read, and as I'm a fairly experienced diver who has lived the last eight years in Curacao and Sint Maarten, I think that Jupiter is probably a better destination for me personally. I have a few thousand dives on pretty reefs in both Curacao and Bonaire under my belt, and although we do get sharks, rays and turtles here in Sint Maarten, the opportunity of seeing more of the bigger stuff is my main reason for this vacation.

Having said that I will be in Florida for 14 days and staying on Singer Island, so I think at least one trip down to Boynton Beach is on the cards, as well of course at least a couple of dives at The Heron Bridge :eyebrow:.

The live-aboard sounds great, but I will have my non diving wife with me who is expecting to get a little shopping done whilst in Florida:facepalm:.

A couple of final questions, when I do go to Boynton Beach what are the "must do dive sites" I should be looking for, and who in your opinion is the best operator to do them with?

Finally I've seen quite a few operators mentioned for Jupiter, can anyone give me any recommendations on their favorites, considering that I would like to try an avoid large crowded boats, and I'm also not really into diving with "spear fishing divers"?

Thanks again for the feedback so far!
Nivek

PS. if you need any tips on Curacao or Sint Maarten let me know :)!

Personally, I wouldn't look past Kevin at Underwater Explorers out of Boynton. Top op Top man

Is it a good idea to go on a guided dive at Blue Heron Bridge, or should I just do it solo?

---------- Post added May 14th, 2015 at 01:48 PM ----------

OK Guys,

Sent an email to Underwater Explorers to try and build a dive schedule for the Boynton dives, now all I need to do is select perhaps a couple of Ops for Jupiter.

I'm thinking a day each at Narcosis and Ocean Quest to see which I prefer and then maybe the Emerald for one mad day :D !

Nivek

Kevin.... errr I mean Nevik..

Thanks for the laugh.... some of us got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom