Brass is bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lairdb:
FWIW, a lone voice in the wilderness: I have a mix, and only one boltsnap has ever scored (pun intended) on my thumb: the SS one.
I generally dive with gloves but the few times I haven't I've sliced my thumb and the the thumb on my left glove is cut up from checking my spg. Oh... I only l have SS snaps. :wink:

Yeah, I've got cuts on my left glove, too from my SS snap. I also have a bit of a callous on my right thumb from playing with the bolt snap on my keychain...also SS.

However, brass is much worse and it smells.

there's a good reason soggy...

"it smells" :D

Well, it makes your hands smell and turn green...trust me, as a trumpet player who purposely used delaquered instruments, I've had my share of smelly, green hands and I don't like it, though it does make me slightly nostalgic. :)

lord1234:
there's a good reason soggy...

"it smells" :D

Soggy:
Well, it makes your hands smell and turn green...trust me, as a trumpet player who purposely used delaquered instruments, I've had my share of smelly, green hands and I don't like it, though it does make me slightly nostalgic. :)

HAHA! Me too Soggy! I haven't seriously played mine for years though. My old Bach Stradivarius just kinda natually got delaquered over the years. "OOH OOH that smell"

I have a degree in trumpet performance and I haven't played since my last concert in school, 5 years ago. Computers pay better.

fishoutawater:
HAHA! Me too Soggy! I haven't seriously played mine for years though. My old Bach Stradivarius just kinda natually got delaquered over the years. "OOH OOH that smell"

Soggy:
I have a degree in trumpet performance and I haven't played since my last concert in school, 5 years ago. Computers pay better.

Been thirty for me. Was the only whiteboy in a Mexican disco band, 75-76, San Antonio and surrounding area. KC and the Sunshine Band kinda stuff. Barely paid for the gas. Lotsa chicks, and free beer tho :D

Wish I had seen this a couple of weeks ago. I just purchased a couple of brass bolt snaps but have not used them yet.
Slightly off topic, but what about trigger snaps? I have one (brass) on my SPG that is fairly easy to use but it does tend to stick a little.

Yet another reason to switch to SS. The brass will "rust", you'll get a green rash, and you'll die!

Soggy:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom