Breath-Holding Advice for U/W Swimming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's ALL STATE OF MIND. Try taking five long, slow deep breaths, not hard fast breaths at the top of your lungs, but slow relaxing breaths where you completely exhale and refill you lungs gently. Submerge with your lungs "comfortably" full, not jam-packed to the very top, that will put you in a more relaxed state. Let us know how it works.

tehkraken:
ummm...anybody gonna answer my question?
Try asking it in either the Scouts in Scuba forum or New Divers & Those Considering Diving. You'll probably have more luck if you start it as its own thread rather than piggybacking on another. :)

spectrum:
Congratulations! When and where do you next dive?
Thx, Pete! I'm not sure about the "when" but I reckon the "where" might be FL again. It's one of the warmest and cheapest places to get to from Vancouver. Now I just need to find willing, patient and gentle dive buddies...

annasea:
Try asking it in either the Scouts in Scuba forum or New Divers & Those Considering Diving. You'll probably have more luck if you start it as its own thread rather than piggybacking on another. :)

I don't see how this relates to ssi.....but ok.

tehkraken - I don't believe the standards for SSI call for what you are asking

NAUI has the flexibility to allow instructors to add on additional skills to satisfy that particular instructors perspective of watermanship skills. I personally feel that what annasea did should be a part of the standardized skills for OW scuba in all agencies. It would show just how many should not be in the water until they are comfortable in the water without scuba gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom