btw, jahjah...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
... nice article! good job, i enjoyed reading it.:thumbs_up: (in the 'good job' way, not calling the post! :wink: )

I enjoyed the read as well! :D

I also enjoyed the photo of Jean, had me laughin! :D

...did I miss something? :confused:

...did I miss something? :confused:

"JahJahWarrior" here on SB, TDS, and maybe CDF wrote a paper for his English class on cave divers that was printed in the latest CDS newsletter.

Mike, nice job bud! I enjoyed reading it was well.

Darn! Here I thought that this was a Pick on Gibby thread, and I was all set to get my slams in.

What a letdown!

I wonder if he'd mind posting it...?
I don't get the CDS newsletter.

Paper:
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~mi777485/UWSpaperJahJah.pdf

It was a fun paper to write. It was actually only one of three papers all about cave diving or cave divers which I wrote during the class. At the end, I got to give a presentation about cave diving/divers and I swear I walked a quarter mile in doubles to take them to class...but I was able to get rid of a lot of misconceptions about diving, and cave diving in general, and several people left the class making comments about how cool it all looked. :)

The only annoying thing is, I only managed to get one copy of the UWS, and I gave that to my English teacher.....so now I need to go see if any shop has another copy lying around I can take :) Ginnie had three but customers took them all...

The other interesting thing, Cindy Butler, the editor of the UWS, is the neighbor to a highschool friend of mine, and when I was first getting certified, they put me in contact with her because they knew she dove. She referred me to CDF to learn about diving, along with TDS. Right off the bat, I was exposed to cave diving and thought it would be something fun. And now here I am waiting for my NSS - CDS Basic card in the mail!

(But I do ask a lot of seemingly stupid questions on the internet, and sometimes I say things in the wrong way, so feel free to bash me all you want :) I'm used to it. The only surprising thing is, I have yet to have any cave diver who will insult me in person...it's only on the internet that I catch flak for things..)

Paper:
(But I do ask a lot of seemingly stupid questions on the internet, and sometimes I say things in the wrong way, so feel free to bash me all you want :) I'm used to it. The only surprising thing is, I have yet to have any cave diver who will insult me in person...it's only on the internet that I catch flak for things..)

<gasp>....never!

I really love the last sentence of that paper; in fact, I used it as a sig line for a while. It goes right along with the article in the newest DAN magazine, where the author observes that most of his friends who have tried cave diving have been lost to open water diving from that point onward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom