btw, jahjah...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly: EE, CEE, CEW, DO, Amigo's, Steamboat, all are great shops and will take care of you. All of them employee people who might share their opinions with you. Not all share an opinion every day, but most every shop I have been to has had something to say about another shop. But, each store also has employees like Rich, who don't badmouth and just want to have fun diving.

Exactly: EE, CEE, CEW, DO, Amigo's, Steamboat, all are great shops and will take care of you. All of them employee people who might share their opinions with you. Not all share an opinion every day, but most every shop I have been to has had something to say about another shop. But, each store also has employees like Rich, who don't badmouth and just want to have fun diving.
I'm sure you were told how many cave divers it takes to change a light bulb in your class? That explains some of the opinions :rofl3:

I havent been to Amigos,I think its on 47 and we come in on 247 from Lake City.Ive been to Steamboat once,but he didnt bank 32%,so you pay for a whole fill even if you just need a topoff.Doing thirds on doubles that seems like a big waste of money unless hes changed things.Dustin has done alot of cavediving and has some interesting stories to tell.He used to be a cave instructor too.We always went to the old Branford dive shop in the 80s.Ill bet Dustin was glad to see it go.

I havent been to Amigos,I think its on 47 and we come in on 247 from Lake City.Ive been to Steamboat once,but he didnt bank 32%,so you pay for a whole fill even if you just need a topoff.Doing thirds on doubles that seems like a big waste of money unless hes changed things.Dustin has done alot of cavediving and has some interesting stories to tell.He used to be a cave instructor too.We always went to the old Branford dive shop in the 80s.Ill bet Dustin was glad to see it go.
I'm sure it didn't hurt his feelings, that's for sure. Last time I was in there I had just signed up for a cave class.....he took me around and showed me some of the pictures from events like putting the signs in around peacock, with all the old timers, and events that took place before I was even born. Cool guy. The dive shop now is basically a fill station with a few save a dive items only, he's gotten into the real estate market recently so I guess his efforts have shifted. It's $15 for a single tank of nitrox, or $20 for doubles.

108(tank size)/2640(working pressure)*100*2(doubles)=8.18(baseline)
8.18*3600psi(cave fill)/100=294cu ft of gas
$20/294=$0.068/cuft

So he's cheaper than most places if you have a set of tanks you've just replaced the valves or manifold on, but way more expensive if you just need a top off.

I'm sure it didn't hurt his feelings, that's for sure. Last time I was in there I had just signed up for a cave class.....he took me around and showed me some of the pictures from events like putting the signs in around peacock, with all the old timers, and events that took place before I was even born. Cool guy. The dive shop now is basically a fill station with a few save a dive items only, he's gotten into the real estate market recently so I guess his efforts have shifted. It's $15 for a single tank of nitrox, or $20 for doubles.

$20/294=$0.068/cuft

So he's cheaper than most places if you have a set of tanks you've just replaced the valves or manifold on, but way more expensive if you just need a top off.

3600???
i don't want that crap fill!

$20/294=$0.068/cuft

It takes a real math hero to make a simple equation appear complicated. What am I going to do with you and your floaty legs....

It takes a real math hero to make a simple equation appear complicated. What am I going to do with you and your floaty legs....
I'm gonna get fin keepers......because of the shape of my heel.
2345a.gif

Sorry I don't have a pronounced heel, Mr. 2 strikes.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom