buddy dive incident - don't know if this is true or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, had to look this one up, but I get it. Seems to be a great comparison. Thank you for furthering my learning. And my wife says my time spent on SB is waisted:D!

Ditto! I made it through "talmudic" but had to look up "gemara."

Yeah, although that did not cross my mind when I posted, I can see that happening as well. Interesting notion.

Though she did state she was "stuck in the ocean".

-Z
Yes, that is the piece that doesn't fit my hypothesis. But the post suggests to me English may not be the writer's native language, plus add a little hyperbole to make a point and maybe even a bit of inattention to detail, and I would consider that one phrase as a possible misstatement.

Reactions: Zef
This thread is so talmudic in nature.

We have the OP, who is citing a post on another board. The primary document is somewhat cryptic and written by an unknown author. We are all trying to read meaning into it, offering our own interpretations, analysis and commentary...

It's the Scubaboard Gemara!

Wow...Scubaboard can start its own council of Amoraim. Do we start posting in aramaic? =)

-Z

Checked with a friend at Buddy Dive. It was a cruise ship diver who had buoyancy issues on the boat, aborted the dive, was brought back to the boat by DM and then insisted on swimming to shore and do the dive "ALONE" from shore, of course it was denied and then the story turned into this.
Took place on Buddy Reef.

Rather a different story!

Ah amazing how the story got "twisted" by the reviewer. I did notice that Buddy Dive doesn't seem to reply to Tripadvisor reviews. Guess they don't really have time to keep a watch on them.

I went to TripAdvisor to ask that reviewer a follow up question, but there didn't seem to be that option, just the option to ask a general question about Buddy Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom