Buddy Needed - Dutch Springs - Aug 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbliesath:
Congrats!

I've heard the PPB is a worthwhile class. I've dropped 10 lbs and am currently diving at 30lbs at DS. I know I'm still overweighted but need that much to break the surface.

Let me know if you are going up to DS. Probably will be the end of the month for me, unless I suddenly get rich! If I do, me an Jonny R. will be doing business. :D

Jack

I hoping to get to Dutch on either the 27th or the 28th.

Also, as a big guy who's somewhat positive I found that emptying my lungs as much as I can followed by shallow breaths helps me to get down to the five foot range and then it's a lot easier from that point. If I can take another two pounds off that would be nice.

Shouldn't one be neutral at 10ft w/ 500psi in an AL 80 and no air in the BC?

John

There's lots to consider as far as weighting... Ideally yes one should be neutral at 15 feet with less than 500 psi in their tank (not just an 80) and no air in their BC. However getting there isn't something that can be taught in a PADI class. It's so much easier and cheaper to just get out and dive. As you get more comfortable in the water, you will drop weight. You've got to remember one thing as new divers too, it's far better to have 2 pounds to much lead, than 2 pounds not enough.

Jonny_Rocket:
<snip> just get out and dive. </snip>

I plan on it, it's too addicting and I already have the DTs from the weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom