Bull sharks at Chumphon Pinnacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XI: Thou shall not ignore Mislav's posts! :D

They did come pretty close, about 4-6 meters away from us. It was early in the morning, about 8:15 local time and they were acting kinda curious about who we were and what we were doing down there. I think they were more interested in tunas that were in the area although I haven't seen them chasing them.

And to me they looked more like greytips than young bull sharks, but then again - the viz was really, really bad and I'm no expert on sharks.

The Shark Dive in Beqa Lagoon off of Pacific Harbour in Fiji is another place to see bulls and 5-6 other types of sharks, including, on occasions, tigers.

we've got a couple of instructors from Hawaii visiting for a wreck expedition. They saw a variety of sharks yesterday afternoon, some of which were bulls , they said, some greys.

when we drift deco away from the rock we sometimes see a third species. they have a long top tail lobe ( not as long as a thresher's), travel in groups of 5-6, about 2m long. our captain thinks silkys.

the buggers do all the deco with us and only leave when the boat arrives

Jamie MV Trident Tech Thailand

But no aggressive behaviour has been noted has it? I am keen to dive there later this year and would love to see some Bulls!

In PDC in mexico the fisherman drop off the remains from the day before at the shelf, the boat captains and divemasters do a dive before work. Be freindly and prove your Expeirence and they will take you out, day break with bullsharks is awesome,a little spendy of course.

Very interesting news...I wonder where they go when they "grow-up." Do they stay in deeper water in the gulf or head out to the open waters outside the gulf?

Hopefully not in a shark fins soup....In Chinatown there are tons of shark fins....

Shark fins in Pattaya

Attachments

• Shark fins PTY Feb 08 001.jpg
    Shark fins PTY Feb 08 001.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 66
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom