Bullied under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can assure you, if a guy, kept punching, pushing, dragging, shoving my wife, there would be a show down.

Don't think I am not on the same page as you with this one, I am just saying that it is very easy to go to jail over this kind of thing.

I still say take his mask off and hang it on his tank valve. It’s non-violent, it’ll make him let go, give him something else to do, and when he doesn’t find it he’ll surface and claim he lost his mask. At some point someone will take his mask off his tank valve and hand to the A-hole. The laughter should be refreshing

Going off of my above comment...I like this solution, it just wreaks of devious fun!!!:cool2:

I would like to point out i never said stab the guy i said dive with your knife in hand just to put enough fear of stabbing to get him to stop dicking with you

Exactly my point...too many people are taking you at face value or in this case word value and not seeing the humor behind it. :wink:

Or have a girlfriend of yours ring his doorbell and when he answers she will take a knee and junk punch him they say you know what that's for and walk away. ( I'm kidding but I'd pay to see it happen)

I about fell off the couch when I read this!!!

The first 3 things i would do are

1) Avoid him, but not in any way that causes extra stress on you or anything like that just casually avoid him. if you think it will help u can also confont the guy and tell him its not cool then avoid him.

2) Have a sit down with your husband, this is as much his problem as it is yours. He should have calm a chat with that guy about his behavior.

3) also talk to the buddies that you like and do dives with them that dont involve that guy. filter your unhealthy friend and keep only the healthy ones that make you happy.

These 3 are the most important steps IMO. get the message across to him really clear.
That should fix things up in most cases, however if the guys resolve is set on pestering you more needs to be done.

3) Both you and your husband should give him a more aggressive warning, not aggressive as in violent but a "not very nice one." have your hubby show his pecks or something, beat his chest like king kong. this should be the last warning.

this is where you come to a crossroad. if at this point he is still doing stuff. you need to decide what major course of action you want to take. you can either:

4 a) Take a violent approach and start responding to his action, pull him around see how he likes it or some other thing. This works some times, but I really don't recommend it tho. unless your responding to some really major action he did. people will most likely look down on you for it. This will only probrobly work if hes messing with you in font of other people. also note that he might hurt you back!!

4 b) the alternative if you've really had it is to simple talk to a lawyer and sue him for emotional damages or harassment, assault anything, what ever it take to get the restraining order and some $$ off him. Just make sure to keep some sort of evidence for his actions like that video. If you really want to you can even bait him into doing things to you.

I really hope you find a way to fix this up. i really hate it when ladys get pestered by guys like that

good luck

The guy needs to be taught a lesson for certain. There are some clever ideas on how to do it. Please just make sure that whatever happens happens at the surface. It would really suck to hear about another dive accident.

The guy needs to be taught a lesson for certain. There are some clever ideas on how to do it. Please just make sure that whatever happens happens at the surface. It would really suck to hear about another dive accident.

Pulling the A-holes mask off at the surface ain't going to accomplish much. The full impact of that action is at depth, the deeper the better for this jerk.

Those of you who advise hurting this guy don't seem to realize that he can always win that game by taking out frusration/embarassment etc. on his wife. I suspect that she would let him do so.

Keep your own actions legal and enjoy the fact that you can involve the authorities at any time because the jerk is the only one with actions outside the law.

Personally I would first decide what type of person I want to be.

Do I want to be personable, friendly, helpful etc...
Do I want to be playing tit for tat revenge games.
Do I want to save or fix people who don't want to be fixed.

Then I would dive with people and in situations where I can be the person I want to be.

The world is full of people to dive with. I know people who've switched buddies because one dives too fast, too slow, takes photo's, goes deep, doesn't go deep... switching because someone is a dick seems like a no-brainer.

Ok, but cutting an airhose is gonna take a pretty sharp knife Mr Nelson:D
Pulling the A-holes mask off at the surface ain't going to accomplish much. The full impact of that action is at depth, the deeper the better for this jerk.

Be direct and concrete. Let the perpetrator know that his behavior is unacceptable. Let your husband and sister know what has happened and tell your brother in law that you have done so. Make it clear that your expectation is that this will never happen again, or, you will be forced to escalate the matter.

Not being a woman, that is the best I can suggest. Would this be a good post under Women's Perspectives?

The amount of testosterone in this thread is overwhelming. The BIL as gone from Bully to Abuser in just a few posts. Then you tell her to provoke him!

Yes, once you get over the concept of "winning" or being "right" there is very little need to continue associating with someone who rubs you the wrong way (real or imagined).

Currently I would say the situation is weird/annoying/transitory. Hey, this guys behavior bugs me. Is he going to change. Do I need to hang out with him. No. Okay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom