Bullied under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya know, I know there have been a few comments on popping him in the snoot, cutting off his air blah blah blah but COME ON PEOPLE do you really think the OP is going to take that advise??? You are IMO the ones over reacting. Some are making light of this thread possibly in order to help ease her tension and frustrations. No one really wants to hurt this guy, well... okay, no not really and walking away is just another way for him to win. I would definitely say confront him in front of the group. By showing him that you aren't going to take his crap anymore you are standing up to him and that "usually" ends the bullying. I know it doesn't end it all the time but it could this time. I had a bully situation in high school (35 yrs ago) and nothing I did stopped this guy from picking on me. Finally I had to fight him, I got my a$$ royally kicked but he never messed with me again. Am I advocating kicking his a$$? No I am not, not in this day in age when you go to jail for spitting on the sidewalk but you should definitely stand up for yourself. I am just illustrating that standing up for yourself is what is needed.

Ya know, I know there have been a few comments on popping him in the snoot, cutting off his air blah blah blah but COME ON PEOPLE do you really think the OP is going to take that advise??? You are IMO the ones over reacting. Some are making light of this thread possibly in order to help ease her tension and frustrations. No one really wants to hurt this guy, well... okay, no not really and walking away is just another way for him to win. I would definitely say confront him in front of the group. By showing him that you aren't going to take his crap anymore you are standing up to him and that "usually" ends the bullying. I know it doesn't end it all the time but it could this time. I had a bully situation in high school (35 yrs ago) and nothing I did stopped this guy from picking on me. Finally I had to fight him, I got my a$$ royally kicked but he never messed with me again. Am I advocating kicking his a$$? No I am not, not in this day in age when you go to jail for spitting on the sidewalk but you should definitely stand up for yourself. I am just illustrating that standing up for yourself is what is needed.

The OP has a husband, I can assure you, if a guy, kept punching, pushing, dragging, shoving my wife, there would be a show down. If the OP cannot deal with him, her husband or bf should. The first time should be a pleasant, please do not do that, please can you explain your behavior and/or what am I/she/he doing that is upsetting you and how can we fix it, after that, nothing more is owed.

The best solution is to find new dive buddies who can behave and communicate civilly.

N

It's interesting how many really insist on escalating all this. The Hatfield and McCoys were inlaws, you know. Hatfield?McCoy feud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matewan_West_Virginia_floodwall.jpg

European monarchies used to marry into each others families, but still ended up fighting them. Such the warlike species.

I have tried talking with my sister but he has yelled at her before as well. We are looking for a nice group or people to dive with in Kona at this time. I am saddened by these events because I really enjoyed all the other 8-11 divers in the group.

I wonder if in his pea-brain he believes that you are an extension of your sister and that you are willing to allow him to abuse both of you. I think he's seriously dangerous under water and should be avoided. He's abusive. Abusers thrive when their victims remain silent. Tell everyone what he does. Tell everyone that you won't dive with him because he is a hazard in and out of the water. So many things can go wrong at depth, and the anxiety of dealing with this guy could be just the extra amount that would keep you from making clear decisions based on training versus poor decisions based on panic.

Wow, you must be really upset to be all in bold.

Really? That was your first thought? Very helpful, and from the heart. (sarcasm)

Last edited:
I don't understand the need to even ask the question. If he bullies you, don't dive with him. Simple.

I don't understand the need to even ask the question. If he bullies you, don't dive with him. Simple.
A lot easier than trying to shame the husband into a family feud. Just don't go there.

I still say take his mask off and hang it on his tank valve. It’s non-violent, it’ll make him let go, give him something else to do, and when he doesn’t find it he’ll surface and claim he lost his mask. At some point someone will take his mask off his tank valve and hand to the A-hole. The laughter should be refreshing

Last edited:
Like the other guy said, if you see him approach you, pull your knife out and stab at :wink: the threat to your well being

Like the other guy said, if you see him approach you, pull your knife out and stab at :wink: the threat to your well being

I would like to point out i never said stab the guy i said dive with your knife in hand just to put enough fear of stabing to get him to stop dicking with you

Or have a girlfriend of yours ring his doorbell and when he answers she will take a knee and junk punch him they say you know what that's for and walk away. ( I'm kidding but I'd pay to see it happen)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom