Bumphead Parrot Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bumpheads are great. I have only seen them in ones or twos in Thailand.

I'd had never seen one. I thought it was a big Napolean...1st there was 1 and then 3, then 5, then 7, then 10, finally 12 of them big buggers.

Yesterday Rina asked me what was that under the boat. When I looked it was a big Spotted Eagle Ray cruising the bottom over the reef at 10-12 meters deep.

Seen some awesome nudis.

When U and the suringirl gonna get over here?

But those Bumpheads really grow on you!
Why did the Bumphead bump the reef? Because it felt good when it stopped!:rofl3:

LK,
I am quite sure Batfish was just kidding when writing that.

No, quite serious. Bumpheads are a threat to the delicate natural balance of the reef environment. They are like a plague moving from coral head to coral head, destroying all in their path. They really should be dealt with.

:angrymob:

I say we raise a posse and head to Koh Torinla. They won't be expecting us now, it's low season. They'll think they're safe. Damn reef wreckers. I got something for them.

:gun: :m16: :biggun:

Diiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!! You bumping b***ards!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Yes, I was joking, but LK has no sense of humour or irony.

:cheers:

:classic:

Spotted Eagle Ray cruising the bottom over the reef at 10-12 meters deep.

Seen some awesome nudis.

When U and the suringirl gonna get over here?

You are wise to have chosen such a spot to hang out Mr.Tim. It sounds sensational where you are. I checked out Rubiah divers and looks like a great setup.

Eagle Rays, Bumpheads, nudis....and I'm sure lots more. Have you seen many sharks?

Thanks for the invite. Suringirl has her heart set on being a CD and needs to rack up her points. She is in Honduras doing that right now. I will be joining her next week.

Next low season would definitely be up for it.

BTW. did jacques manage to get hold of you??

No, quite serious. Bumpheads are a threat to the delicate natural balance of the reef environment. They are like a plague moving from coral head to coral head, destroying all in their path. They really should be dealt with.

:angrymob:

I say we raise a posse and head to Koh Torinla. They won't be expecting us now, it's low season. They'll think they're safe. Damn reef wreckers. I got something for them.

:gun: :m16: :biggun:

Diiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!! You bumping b***ards!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Yes, I was joking, but LK has no sense of humour or irony.

:cheers:

:classic:

:rofl3::rofl3:

did jacques manage to get hold of you??

Meeting Jac in Medan tommarow...he's coming over on the ferry from Penang?
Oliver and Pom coming soon.

Next I want to get Bowmouth over here...when not diving we be boogie boarding.
The best of both worlds

& I think he needs to get away from LK for awhile. :rofl3:

TimA, it was nice meeting you and seeing your boat a couple of months ago. Happy boogie boarding (and pet your dog for me)!

Next I want to get Bowmouth over here...when not diving we be boogie boarding.
The best of both worlds & I think he needs to get away from LK for awhile. :rofl3:

I've just come home from a few hours at Nai Harn. The waves were great today and there was only the four of us "ridin' and slidin".
I bet one day we'll be boarding together; or diving, or both...
I will bring you then a nice present as well. A fine bottle of "nam pla" and a pot with the smelly shrimp stuff "ka-pi"!

You're right about LK. I find it also frightening that he's agreeing with so many of my posts lately. Not too long ago that used to be a very different story...

TimA, it was nice meeting you and seeing your boat a couple of months ago. Happy boogie boarding (and pet your dog for me)!

Quero,

The pleasure was all mine.

If puppy dog Sam (Samantha) doesn't stop chewing on the anchor rope...Whats a dog owner supposed to do? And now all the sea turtles come alongside the boat to tease her. :rofl3:

and a pot with the smelly shrimp stuff "ka-pi"!

Thats mean hearted mentioning "kapi". I make a killer "nam prik kapi" I even got my own "koke and sock" method thing going. Heaps of green mangos over here, bring it on.:D

Thats mean hearted mentioning "kapi". I make a killer "nam prik kapi" I even got my own "koke and sock" method thing going. Heaps of green mangos over here, bring it on.:D

Now you got me really interested. "Nam prik kapi" is one of my favorite Thai dishes but I prefer to have it with some freshly fried "pla-too" and an omelet with "cha-ohm". I'm lucky I got a Southern Thai wife who makes it for me the real Southern Thai way. After a meal with her "nam prik" I am normally in tears and cannot talk for about 15 minutes or so...
:crying:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom