Bungee for bkup without the long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love how that guy has to breathe his octo upside-down, don't you? :wink:

If you were going to run a longer hose on your primary but did not want a 7 foot or even 5 foot hose--what length would be appropriate for going under the arm and then to the mouth? Thanks. N

40" for most people, but you need a swivel or elbow.

Yah...40 inch

or...

You can use a standard octo hose...they vary in length but are about 36 to 39 inches.

Here is an ow rig...Seaquest Spectrum first (yolk) and XR2 seconds, 40 inch stage hose for primary, 22 inch backup reg hose, 22 inch LPI hose and 24 inch HP hose.

It's shown here with a BP/wing but really is for use with a BC.

It needs a swivel or elbow at the primary second.

I don't use this rig much...can't remember the last time I used a BC. This is one I lend out to the curious or needy!

Since I always use a BP/wing, I prefer the 7 foot hose on an Apex DS4 DIN. The 7 just wraps so slick!

s-

You've had some excellent suggestions here. My only comment would be:

You've spent lots of money changing your gear around, and now find yourself almost Hogarthian rigged. From now on, you really won't have to spend another dime, except for maintainence items. You've figured this out at an early financial stage! Congrats!

Why don't you just accept that a short hose won't work that well, and spend the money just once to, I'm sorry, do it right? You're going to be there anyways in a short period of time!

Let me jump in the wagon

I'm diving a BP/wing, singules, not caves (non avalble in this contry), and no real wrecks. I do not need a 7' hose. Its a clear overkill for my diving. Its not the cost- it's really not that much, but I want to keep my setup as clean and minimal as posible - and a hose twice the length i need is neither.

But still, i do want to move my backup to a bungee, and I would rather not add an elbow (not KISS, again). Is there no other solution? what about routing your "longer" hose from the left side of the first stage and then behind your back and from the right to your mouth? Or from the right post, under your neck, to the back and into the mouth? There has got to be some way to do this.

el-ninio:
Let me jump in the wagon

I'm diving a BP/wing, singules, not caves (non avalble in this contry), and no real wrecks. I do not need a 7' hose. Its a clear overkill for my diving. Its not the cost- it's really not that much, but I want to keep my setup as clean and minimal as posible - and a hose twice the length i need is neither.

But still, i do want to move my backup to a bungee, and I would rather not add an elbow (not KISS, again). Is there no other solution? what about routing your "longer" hose from the left side of the first stage and then behind your back and from the right to your mouth? Or from the right post, under your neck, to the back and into the mouth? There has got to be some way to do this.
A 40" hose can work without an elbow, but I can see where an elbow would make it nicer (and I don't see if a major failure point).

JeffG:
A 40" hose can work without an elbow, but I can see where an elbow would make it nicer (and I don't see if a major failure point).
I would put two short hoses on it and be done, say a 24 for the primary and a22 for the backup. but we've been through this before haven't we

novadiver:
I would put two short hoses on it and be done, say a 24 for the primary and a22 for the backup. but we've been through this before haven't we
Just for the record, I want to say I feel this is dangerous advice. Neither a 24" nor a 22" hose will allow you to share air effectively. It might work for solo divers, but don't assume you will be able to donate air to your buddy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom