Bungee for bkup without the long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
I would put two short hoses on it and be done, say a 24 for the primary and a22 for the backup. but we've been through this before haven't we

Yeah, most divers don't dive solo and want an air share to be somewhat comfortable. While 7 may be overkill your looking at somewhere around 36-40" inches at least. Honestly you have 3 choices that aren't a cluser.

36"-40", with elbow, under pit, into mouth
5'-6', under pit, around head and into mouth
6'-8', tucked into belt/under can light, acros chest, around head and into mouth

If you invent some other way to route a hose that dousn't involve some god awfull contortions I'd love to see it.

What about routing your "longer" hose from the left side of the first stage and then behind your back and from the right to your mouth?
Going to put a right radius 180deg bend in the hose comeing off the first stage. Definatly not ideal, as this is the weakest part of the hose.

Or from the right post, under your neck, to the back and into the mouth?
Right side of reg, behind neck into mouth? Hose length is going to be 20-24 inches give or take unless you have some sort of loop billowing out infrount of you.

novadiver:
I would put two short hoses on it and be done, say a 24 for the primary and a22 for the backup. but we've been through this before haven't we

Hellooo.....Newman!

novadiver:
The only way i can see someone sharing air off such a short hose is either right in your face (you can even smell their breath) or riding your tank - do you mind being ridden Nova? :wink:

Even 36-in is kind of close for my liking. However i think in the "other" thread i stated i like the 7ft hose and 20/24-in (singles/doubles) backup. No i havent got red lips from the Kool-Aid.

with all this talk I'm going to try the 36"-40", with elbow, under pit, into mouth

Where should I go for good quality hose? Anything I should look for in material used or construction?

crestgel:
with all this talk I'm going to try the 36"-40", with elbow, under pit, into mouth

Where should I go for good quality hose?
You LDS, or an online store like LP, DRE, ST, or TDL, alternatively you can get some deals on eBay... just check that the o-rings are nitrox ready (even though its at very low %, its still a thought).

crestgel:

Where should I go for good quality hose? Anything I should look for in material used or construction?

Your regular octo hose will do. I sugest you get a short hose for your backup. That way when you decide you want 7' you didn't waste as much $$.

el-ninio:
Let me jump in the wagon

I'm diving a BP/wing, singules, not caves (non avalble in this contry), and no real wrecks. I do not need a 7' hose. Its a clear overkill for my diving. Its not the cost- it's really not that much, but I want to keep my setup as clean and minimal as posible - and a hose twice the length i need is neither.

But still, i do want to move my backup to a bungee, and I would rather not add an elbow (not KISS, again). Is there no other solution? what about routing your "longer" hose from the left side of the first stage and then behind your back and from the right to your mouth? Or from the right post, under your neck, to the back and into the mouth? There has got to be some way to do this.

Yeah. Same situation with me. That's kinda how I feel.

scubadobadoo:
Yeah. Same situation with me. That's kinda how I feel.

I can lend you a swivel if you want to try that. Its really comfortable with the shorter 36" to 40" hose. I may go back to using it with my 5' hose but you may be able to use it with the hose you already have.

basic hog motto " if you don't need it , don't bring it, it you do need it , bring two" Bill "the man" Main

JimC:
40" for most people, but you need a swivel or elbow.

Do you have a link to a picture of one of those elbows? I've never seen one, but it seems that if its 90 degrees air sharing might be awkward.
Neil

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom