Bungee Stowed SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikums

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have seen a backplate setup where someone stowed their SMB to the plate using bungee cord. How is this done? Pictures are appreciated. Thanks.

Tie a couple of bungee loops through plate holes on the side or the bottom, 6 or 8 or 10 inches apart, roll up an poke in and check out manufacturers websites for butt pacs and other alternatives

Here's what I did. Any feedback is appreciated:

c14622ff.jpg

62b5d237.jpg

c79bfebd.jpg

How easy is this to deploy and restow? I assume it swings down under the tank when it's attached?

I can't comment on deployment, but why (or more importantly when) are you mostly likely going to be stowing your SMB?

I think its something I usually wait til I'm on the boat for :)

I was saying I couldn't comment on the above post's deployment. I'm quite happy with my own though :) I have it butt bungeed and it works for me, and a second in the BP storage pack.

Here's what I did. Any feedback is appreciated:

The concept is right. That's how many BP/W divers secure their DSMB/Lift Bag. Some feedback:

1. The bungee you have used is much thicker than it needs to be.

2. The knots look like they cause discomfort against your back. You can use thinner bungee and/or rotate the loops around so that the knots aren't on the inside of the backplate.

3. Roll up the DSMB so that it is longer/thinner. This will mean you can have smaller loops and it'll be more securely held in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom