SMB attach to BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just dive recreationally in warm water so no gloves and the chances of me ever having to use a SMB are probably less than 1% since the dive master does that.
As you get more dives in, you will more than likely find yourself needing to deploy your own DSMB without a dive master, or even your buddy. You should become proficient at it now before you find yourself alone and no one around to assist you.

As you get more dives in, you will more than likely find yourself needing to deploy your own DSMB without a dive master, or even your buddy. You should become proficient at it now before you find yourself alone and no one around to assist you.
Agree that it's a good skill to have. I will never dive alone so I'd just rather have it a little more out of the way since it's unlikely I will use it. To me it's not something where the difference in accessing it in 10 seconds when bungeed vs 3 seconds when just clipped to a d ring makes a meaningful difference

That smb is like the ones offer...
A few options...I don't like to rely on bungee alone. If just carrying the smb I prefer to boltsnap it to waist rear d ring then a bungee to plate.
If using a spool, you can pre-attach as seen below and use the bungee to keep it all together.View attachment 774904
That looks neat in the pic, will steal your setup and try to bungee in the spool 😃

That smb is like the ones offer...
A few options...I don't like to rely on bungee alone. If just carrying the smb I prefer to boltsnap it to waist rear d ring then a bungee to plate.
If using a spool, you can pre-attach as seen below and use the bungee to keep it all together.View attachment 774904
It’ll most likely fall off if you don’t do a “cave” wrap of the line on the double ender as in this post:
Gloves? If Im in a dry suit, my DSMB would be in a thigh pocket.

I dont connect my spool before hand, since it may have other uses. And the DSMB is as likely to be used on the surface, as it is launched from below.

Its hanging low in this pic. It freely swing back when you put the plate on.

View attachment 775032

I don't believe there's any attachment method that is 100% certain to not become dislodged or unravel in some situations. I choose pockets. I wear pocket shorts over my wetsuit on any dive where I'll need a DSMB. My drysuit already has attached pockets although I rarely dive dry these days. It's probably been 5 years since my last drysuit dive.

Mine are certain

046a.jpg

100%

023a.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom