Bungee strap sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been using a size large avanti Quattro for a couple of years. I recently upgraded to a pair of hard soled fourth element boots size 11. I can tell that the boot doesn't go all the way into the size regular foot pocket. I picked up a pair of XL on closeout that came with the old style ABS straps. I would like to upgrade to the bungee strap. I am not sure what size to get with the XL fin and size 11 boots. L or XL ?

Hi there,

I understand your dilemma. I hope this helps; the bungee straps are sized to the fin. I would recommend trying the XL at first. I think the regulars are going to be too tight after attached to an XL foot pocket.

Best,

Okay that makes sense. I'll try xl strap first.

Any reason to not switch to the bungee style strap?

Any reason to not switch to the bungee style strap?
Nope. I used to have "regular" spring straps on my fins before trying the bungee ones. The bungee type just feels tighter and better in every way.
I also went with XL straps for XL fins, appears to be a good match.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom