Bungee Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt it! But, your right, that be a GREAT experiment for someone who has an unlimited cash flow...

In a controlled manner, we simulate the bungee wing sustaining a simulated 'puncture' (aka asm in wreck diving) and we see if in fact, the bungee wing cannot be inflated enough to provide adequate lift.

Hmm, any takers on this experiment?

THE experiment of ALL experiments to end the controversy once and for all...

NetDoc,
Awful lot of don'ts on a 'information sharing' web site, don't ya think? Were would our Constitution be if we didn't have the Freedom of Speech?

It's funny how all you hear from DIR guys is failure this and failure that. How many people have any FACTS about OMS bungeed wing failures or OMS fastex clips failing?. Just seems to me, and maybe I'm wrong but alot of people seem to jump on the DIR bandwagon and do alot of preaching about things failing when these same people only supply hear say about these failure. Where are the converts from OMS to Halcyon because of failure with OMS gear? Show the rest of the non belivers PROOF so we don't kiil ourselves with gear that doesn't meet up to Halcyon's high prices.

taat2d once bubbled...
Show the rest of the non belivers PROOF so we don't kiil ourselves with gear that doesn't meet up to Halcyon's high prices.

There are plenty of other manufacturers that make non bungeed wings, including OMS

Check the smilies... it's in my contract that I have to poke fun at these guys whenever possible. Consider it a "reality check" or "attitude adjustment", or, or... well I guess I had better stop while I am behind. :tease:

Does it count if you almost died laughing at some of the stupid arguments against banded wings. I'll have to say that I purchased a 45lb OMS non banded wing. Not because I'm concerned about trapping air, or any of the other so called hazards of bungeed wings. Looks like I'll be diving single tanks for a while so I thought I'd give it a go and see how it compairs to my bungeed wing.

Scubaroo:

"The argument is primarily a DIR versus non-DIR equipment one, with some marketing thrown in by companies like OMS and Halcyon."

Oh 'marketing' has something to do with this - now we are getting some where’s...

NetDoc - thats a might spiffy pic in your profile! VERY nice!

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Scubaroo:

"The argument is primarily a DIR versus non-DIR equipment one, with some marketing thrown in by companies like OMS and Halcyon."

Oh 'marketing' has something to do with this - now we are getting some where’s...
It's funny how when OMS started crowing about how two Halcyon employees had "defected" to OMS, all of the images and text on the OMS website that used to bash DIR arguments (things like their bungeed wings, face o-ring manifolds to name two) suddenly disappeared, and OMS is now in the business of producing non-bungeed wings (actually I think they were all along), and barrel manifolds. But they used to have pictures of Halcyon wings minus the logos showing they were inferior, etc. Halcyon on the other hand don't produce bungeed wings, and have had arguments against them on THEIR website.

The term "BWOD" is an invention of the internet.

I've seen an "uncontrolled descent" incident involving bungeed wings, but he didn't die :)

Uncontrolled descent? Can you clarify what happend? Was it caused by the bungee's?

Speak!

Just reading Issue One, Volume One of the new DIVERS magazine and I am seeing alot of OMS bungee wings on their tech divers...hmm....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom