Buoyancy Compensation Preference

What type of PRIMARY buoyancy compensatro are you currently diving?

• Jacket Style

Votes: 51 22.2%
  • Back Inflation Style

Votes: 73 31.7%
  • Hybrid Jacke/Back Inflation Style

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Back Plate and Wing Rig

Votes: 91 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like back inflation and BP/Wing are gonna have a photo finish by the time this poll ends.

I think whoever complained in the soft vs. hard thread that there was no empirical proof that Scubaboard is overwhelmingly bp/w, well, here's his proof.

One of these days...but not now. I'm a jacket guy as yet. But then, I've always been the weirdo.

cheers

Billy S.

NetDoc:
I had given up the back plate for single tanks... they are not comfortable enough... at least until I tried the Deep Sea Supply's Kydex backplate. What an awesome set up! I liked their steel back plate, but it made me way over weighted with an HP 120 steel tank.

I did the final dives for my cavern class in it, and bouyancy, trim and stability were spot on. I had actually put it on just for a test and was going to don my doubles for the rest of the class... nope! This was just way too comfy. The only problem was not wanting to take it off! :D

This infomercial was proudly brought to you by............ :eyebrow:

I went from jacket to TranspacII, and vowed I'd never go back. Now that I've gone from back inflate to BP/wing, I'll say it again... I'll never go back. I just wish I had gotten one in the first place.

MSilvia:
I went from jacket to TranspacII, and vowed I'd never go back. Now that I've gone from back inflate to BP/wing, I'll say it again... I'll never go back. I just wish I had gotten one in the first place.
Hindsight is 20/20, but of course if you had gone straight to it, would you have such conviction for it, not having dove much in the previous BC's?? Of course you would have saved money, but experience and learning from it is valuable too. :wink:

Yes i went to it first time.

Currently diving with a jacket or it is vest? Anyway it has seem to shrunk over time. It is now time to upgrade. I have not decided on the BP/W or a back inflate. I am going to give them both a few dives and then make a decision.

cancun mark:
D*mnit Kracken,

Where is the option poodle for rec and Hog for Tec??

BTW has anyone seen the so cal diving group that use backplate without wings? Im going to have to do a search for the link.
http://diver.net/backpack_divers/

Well, lessee...
I use a tropical jacket (SeaQuest Explorer) for tropical vacation reef diving (and late summer in the Gulf). Or a Transpac if I'm contemplating making a dive on the vacation where I have to carry a stage or two.
A Sequest Pro QD for colder water recreational diving, especially with open water classes.
A transpac with travel wing when I want to carry a stage with a single; Transpac with Rec wing for light doubles (sometimes) or sidemount;
Fred-T heavy steel plate with Dive-Rite Rec wing for AL or lighter (up to 85's) steel doubles;
AL BP and DR Classic wing for manifolded 104's...
And I still have my original hard pack without BC that I dive sometimes just for fun and old time's sake, and my original Techni-Pro jacket I use for cleaning the pool.
How's that poll go now?
Rick :)

KnightHawk is working for me. Much prefer it over a jacket.

I only have three other jackets I dove starting out and 4 days worth of diving a BP/W to compare it to, though.

DPJ:
...I have not decided on the BP/W or a back inflate. I am going to give them both a few dives and then make a decision.
Good for you! At last, someone who believes in:

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions but a thousand opinions are
easier to get. --plagiarized from an unknown author

All the best, James

Back
Top Bottom