Buoyancy Compensation Preference

What type of PRIMARY buoyancy compensatro are you currently diving?

• Jacket Style

Votes: 51 22.2%
  • Back Inflation Style

Votes: 73 31.7%
  • Hybrid Jacke/Back Inflation Style

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Back Plate and Wing Rig

Votes: 91 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DPJ wrote:

"I have not decided on the BP/W or a back inflate. I am going to give them both a few dives and then make a decision."

Objective testing, I love it . . .

Going to bounce this back up again hopefully to generate some more response.

It does look kind of skewed only 26% use jacket style but if you go on a boat the majority have jackets. BP/wings are in the minority out on the boats but a majority on the internet.

Keep in mind that most recreational divers are probably unaware of the existence of this board.

Moogyboy:
I think whoever complained in the soft vs. hard thread that there was no empirical proof that Scubaboard is overwhelmingly bp/w, well, here's his proof.

this is not proof of anything except that the bp/w crowd are a vocal minority that through their devious and scheming intent to commit conspiracy, have manipulated the polls through gerymandering and the use of sock puppets! Heaven forbid they give up diving and enter politics in Florida.

DennisS:
It does look kind of skewed only 26% use jacket style but if you go on a boat the majority have jackets. BP/wings are in the minority out on the boats but a majority on the internet.

the voice of reason, the proof is not in an unscientific internet poll, but in the water.

Come on, Mark, you've got to get off the grassy knoll one of these days !!!

:m16:
The Kracken:
Come on, Mark, you've got to get off the grassy knoll one of these days !!!

Love to stay, but have to go and manufacture more ICE BULLETS. :m16:

Moogy, I have to agree with Mark.
This poll represents only a population of the universe of scuba divers.
It does, however, reflect the preference of those scuba divers who are participating members of this board.

What's amazing is that so many of us are still alive. After all, BP/W and back inflate BCD should have forced 70% of us face first into the water at the surface to meet Davy Jones.

Back
Top Bottom