Busan, South Korea !!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YiNYaNg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I went from florida to south korea and it's been 3 weeks now and I think this surface interval is past due. This weekend I'm going to be in Busan, South Korea what dive charters, shops, or spots do you guys recommend? Anyone diving there this weekend I can tag along with? I'd be more than willing to chipin fuel cost if you own a boat.

Hey there

I work for a company in Busan called Sea World Dive Centre, we are the only English speaking outfit in the city. We got trips going out tomorrow - beach dives to Goeje which I think is sold out now but we still have spaces for some boat dives on Sunday in Pohang. Our trips include transport from Busan.

In terms of finding diving in Busan this weekend.... there are some korean outfits you can try but in honesty if you are after a stamp in the log book then cool but you aint gonna be blown away with the conditions right now

Feel free to call for more info on our trip or general info on SCUBA in Korea/busan 01044101978

Howdy

Arrived in Gunsan this past June...brought all my gear (except tanks) and was hoping to start diving again after a long SI in the very dry state of Idaho.

I've got the standard PADI quals of AOW, Nitrox and protection ranging from 3mm to a dry suit. If I understand the map correctly Busan is about 4hrs driving time from Gunsan...definitely within my range if my math is right.

Are there some weekend opportunities coming up during the Sept-Dec time frame at Sea World Dive Centre?

TX
Pook

Hey there Pook

Yeah for sure we have some stuff coming up. The best way to keep in the loop is through facebook, search for Busan SCUBA on facebook then once we are friends you will be able to see the notes page with an attachment called Schedule. That lists the upcoming trips etc.

Basically as far as Korea goes there is some good diving here but you need to be able to get to it and know what you're looking for. There are wrecks and reefs etc and some really good night dives. Personally from Busan I don't rate the conditoins so we normally drive along the coast to the bottom right hand corner of Korea where the water is consistently better.

Anyway, feel free to drop me a line, link up on FB or call on 01044101978.

Hope to meet you soon

Drew

Back
Top Bottom