Buyer Paralysis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracerbullet

Contributor
Reaction score
I suffer from buyer paralysis. Any time something gets expensive I have difficulty making the decision on how to move forward.
I have been vacillating on a new dry suit for a month. Reading reviews, talking to divers, watching videos. Just when I think I’ve made up my mind I second guess myself and freeze. Been looking at Pinnacle, Dive6, and Seaskin. I have filled out the measurement papers where applicable.
I settled on Seaskin but ……. Can’t seem to hit the “ buy” button
Did the same with my regulators and my BCD. Happy with both decisions but I work too hard for my money to make a mistake. Anyone else have the same issues or am I the only weirdo?

I suffer from buyer paralysis. Any time something gets expensive I have difficulty making the decision on how to move forward.
I have been vacillating on a new dry suit for a month. Reading reviews, talking to divers, watching videos. Just when I think I’ve made up my mind I second guess myself and freeze. Been looking at Pinnacle, Dive6, and Seaskin. I have filled out the measurement papers where applicable.
Did the same with my regulators and my BCD. Happy with both decisions but I work too hard for my money to make a mistake. Anyone else have the same issues or am I the only weirdo?

Will buying any of this gear strain you financially? Will having this gear make your diving easier and more enjoyable?

Will buying any of this gear strain you financially? Will having this gear make your diving easier and more enjoyable?
I tend to do it with all things that are expensive. Came from poverty but at this stage in life it is not a
financial burden. If that were the case I wouldn’t be in the scuba hobby Just want to make sure money is spent wisely.

I tend to do it with all things that are expensive. Came from poverty but at this stage in life it is not a
financial burden. If that were the case I wouldn’t be in the scuba hobby Just want to make sure money is spent wisely.

Go for it man, I bought myself and my wife Seaskin drysuits last year and I don’t regret it one bit. We both have our own BC’s, tanks, regs, everything, makes going places and diving so much easier and enjoyable. We don’t have to rent anything, try and find gear that fits at a shop…you won’t regret it, especially if you’re an active diver.

I too suffer but from the exact opposite, I often too easily hit the buy button. I bought 4 new b2 sets because they were a good price (When I really want the xt series or the deep 6 regs). I know I do not need 3 aluminum plates especially when I like steel plates more. I have 4 wings.... I can go on but its depressing...

Do you have a drysuit already?

Call each company and judge their customer service experience and see if that doesn't help settle it. Compare warranties.

The older I get, expensive purchases come with the consideration of how I will be treated after the sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom