Buyer Paralysis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3k dry suit, 500 undies, 500 heater
2k lights, 2.5k computers, 1.5k transmitter
5k regs, 500 reels, 500 misc gear
2k tanks

The other 7k is lost on me... maybe cameras? Either way that hurts to think about. When I get wet it is maybe 3k and I dive wet. This is def not a cheap hobby.
Isn’t that too many undies? Why do you need so many of them? 😂

Are we doing this?
6 rebreathers -~40,000
17 Reg Sets 12000
3 Scooters - 21000
70 tanks with dedicated mixes for bailout, sodemount, stage and back mount - 18000+
1 14cfm Compressor - 14,000
1 Masterline Booster - 11,000
2 Drysuits - 8000
4 Primary Lights - 5000
8 Backup Lights - 800
20’ish Reels/Spools - 1500
6 BCD/BPW - $4500
4 Sets Fins -800
4 Masks -240
4 undergarments - 2000

I’m just surprised 4 masks only cost you $240.

Isn’t that too many undies? Why do you need so many of them? 😂
Undies are surprisingly expensive. Even going for layers, it's amazing how much it comes to.

Looking at getting a made-to-measure undersuit which will be 700 on it's own and you need other undies under that.

Thanks to all your replies. Especially those replies that, from experience, recommend getting quality from the get go. Back to square one. Price wise able to move up the food chain to Otter, Predator, or O’Three. Leaning towards Otter.

Undies are surprisingly expensive. Even going for layers, it's amazing how much it comes to.

Looking at getting a made-to-measure undersuit which will be 700 on it's own and you need other undies under that.
Is that a heated BZ400.

I was joking that he worded it in an ambiguous way, you could read that he has 500 undies :)

Thanks to all your replies. Especially those replies that, from experience, recommend getting quality from the get go. Back to square one. Price wise able to move up the food chain to Otter, Predator, or O’Three. Leaning towards Otter.
So if you buy a drysuit, I’d recommend getting advice from someone you know who does a bit of technical diving (or the type of diving you’d do later)

When I bought my first drysuit, I didn’t realise that it was too tight in the shoulder and arm and that later on it would prevent me from doing valve drills.

It caused me endless frustration until I finally realised it was the suit …

Then like you I was reluctant to buy a new one. Now I realised I would have much more enjoyed some diving if I just went ahead and got my second drysuit much earlier.

Having a friend who does more advanced diving, could allow you to try the the fit in the pool and check stuff that you don’t know yet (like being able to reach the valves, legs having enough room but not too baggy, having enough capacity for a heavy undersuit later on, valve placement, … etc)

IMHO if you can afford it and enjoy it, go for it but try to make sure it’s the right equipment.

Slight challenge with using a pool to check out a drysuit's fit is the temperature making the underclothes uncomfortable. Fit is greatly affected by the underclothes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom