Buying a new BC: Zeagle Tech or Aquatec Viking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go with the one that fits better! Odds are it's the Zeagle.

I bought one of the first Zeagle's that came out probably 20? years ago, and finally decided to retire it last year - still works fine, but how far do I want to push it. So I bought one of the new Zeagle Ranger LTDs, and it did what I expected- disappeared 5 minutes into the dive. No adjusting, absolutely comfortable, felt the same at 100 feet as it did at 40 feet, effortless "you don't notice it at all" support and comfort at any depth. Love it, have no reason to try or recommend anything else. The LTD was probably overkill for the now 20 or so dives I do a year, could have got a smaller format style, but wanted the lift of the LTD as an extra safety measure. In hindsight, from a traveling perspective, the lesser Zeagle's would have been fine.

I'm an instructor. I try to get out at least twice a week. New England waters current water temps 38 F (3.5c). Home dives all in drysuit. Pool sessions or vacation dives in a 3mm wetsuit.
Adjustability of the zeagle is sufficient that there is no issue at all transitioning from 3mm to dry and back. The tech is more than enough BC to do cold water wreck diving (anything short of full technical diving) and yet packs smaller an lighter than many warm water only travel BCs.

I looked at the aquatec website. My first impression is that I wouldn't dive that BC if I got it as a gift.

I'm an instructor. I try to get out at least twice a week. New England waters current water temps 38 F (3.5c). Home dives all in drysuit. Pool sessions or vacation dives in a 3mm wetsuit.
Adjustability of the zeagle is sufficient that there is no issue at all transitioning from 3mm to dry and back. The tech is more than enough BC to do cold water wreck diving (anything short of full technical diving) and yet packs smaller an lighter than many warm water only travel BCs.

I looked at the aquatec website. My first impression is that I wouldn't dive that BC if I got it as a gift.

Very impressive profile... so whether the dive is so simple or more complex your TECH will do just fine... this is very helpful... let me ask you a question, should I go for an authorized dealer or can I just buy from leisurepro? I am not yet sure about the dealer price but leisurepro offers some good discount... what do you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom