Buying a New Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pictures! Pictures!! :D

Gimmie a sec, as I have been busy as hell assembling everything, and as you're well aware I had a bit of a learning curve with the manifold & bands to have to contend with.

I only have the harness "roughed" in because, well, just because........ :D

Quick pics taken and being uploaded as I type this...

I did discover that my tanks are just a hair out of whack, so I'll have to get them re-set on a dead level surface... I fuigure my polished cement basement floor would be the best place to do it.

If you look closely you'll see a difference between the 2 D1-Cold regs... The one on picture left that is darker is the newest style that features the Trivalent Chrome. Once I get another of the newer style, the lighter D1-Cold will end up w/ it's own pair of 2nd's, and on the singles rig.

mini-DSC_8410.JPG

mini-DSC_8411.JPG

mini-DSC_8412.JPG

mini-DSC_8413.JPG

mini-DSC_8414.JPG

Wow... Purty! :)

You DO know that that swivel is going to kill you, right? :D

Love the dark chrome - honest to God, I didn't know that that was already "in the cards." HOT!!! :D

Tanks look so prettttty... :)

Now that you've got them doubled, you're not going to disassemble them for stripping until it's too late - you riealize that, right? :D

I hate your backup bungee... It's too long to be able to grab it with your teeth... :)

Definitely a huge step in the right direction, though, from the day I met you... When you had a poodle jacket and Cressi regs...

Dude, I give it like a year and you'll be at 230' on trimix IDing a ship...

Lower dump's on the correct side... Highland bands... Doubles... Wow. I mean, wow. :)

Lower dump's on the correct side... Highland bands... Doubles... Wow. I mean, wow. :)

I'm really disappointed in you, because you didn't even notice that I don't have the crotch strap installed... :no:

You are correct about the necklace, but honest to God it didn't sit that low before I added the Miflex hoses and swivel. I *may* remove the swivel, and I can always go to a shorter necklace, so your just picking nits regardless!:mooner:

The reason that I only have the harness "roughed in", is because I bought a few pieces parts from EE (EDPM bands & Inflator retaining o'ring) and they haven't arrived yet. The harness is a "Ultimate Hogarthian Harness" (Dive-Rite basic with upgrades) that I ordered from Dive Gear Express. -- Ultimate Hogarthian System - Dive Gear Express

Yea, I've come a long way since mid November, and even further since you "forced" me to dive a BP/W for the first time in December... :idk:

In regards to stripping my tanks, how many times do I have to keep telling you that I'm just going to show up on your doorstep some day and let YOU do it..? :)

I could have sworn that Iwas told in my PADI Nitroc class that I was good to go to at least 325' on EAN36. I was gonna grab my 19cf Pony tank with 50% and figured that should suffice to get us to the Fitz and back at least twice! :rofl3:

-Tim

BTW: I'm gonna have to transfer the shoulder pads from the Halcyon to the HOG though, because this sucker is heavy and cut into my shoulders pretty badly already... I've already got serious bruises just from the initial adjustment attempts.

I also think the backpad is going to be a necessity, at least for the short term until I get completely acclimated with the rig. Think of it as my safety blanket if you will. :wink:

-Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom