Buying a New Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmm... Smokin' idea! :)

Diving the 'Ross is definitely a "game day" dive - so I'm not sure that 20 miles offshore would be a good demo... But it certainly would be uber-cool. I dunno - I'll have to think about the logistics of that and kick it around...

What we really need for a demo day would be perfect conditions and the ability to get everyone in and out of the water easily... Sounds more like a spring dive to me. :)

The 'Ross - too exclusive for a demo day. Maybe just you, Chris and me... I'll also bring Kym and a buddy with a 47' boat so we're all super-comfortable.

Okay, so I just reset the bands and in doing so discovered that one tank is about 1/16" shorter than the other one, so I figured I would just add a 2nd tank o'ring to even them up.......... :D

What I did was just lay them down on my opolished cement basement floor, then very carefully began tightening the band bolts down one at a time about a 1/2 turn each, back and forth until they were rock solid but still allowed for the manifold cross-tube to still move freely.

Yep, about 1/16" off which really doesn't surprise me too much since 1 tank is a Catalina and the other is a Hymark.

I also moved the upper band up about 3/4 of an inch, because it appears that one neck is tapered ever so slightly different that the other and I'm as high up as possible without creating any gapping on one side. I positioned the lower band so that the bolts catch the same position bottom hole as what is used on the top, which as I understand it would be the correct "universal" spacing even though I haven't seen any actual info written in stone.

-Tim

bolts 11" center to center

bolts 11" center to center

I'm dead on then, thanks! :)

I was actually surprised that the install sheet that came w/ the Highland bands didn't indicate that distance, because they had about every other possible measurement covered.

-Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom