Buying boots and fins 1 size to big

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juggernutt

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 44/10,5 sized feet. problem is that it's pretty high upperfeet and wide..so I have difficulty finding fins that doesn't give me cramps.

I went to a LDS ...and the salesperson was very nice and knowlegeble. But once we came to the boots and fins...i had trouble finding them that fit me.

1)With fullfoot fins he advised me to buy the larger size 46/47 Mares fins. even though it was way to big..it was still pretty tight on my feet and he told me buying fins that's to large is not a problem.

2)With regards to boots and fins he advised me to buy an XL(Volo) with boots.
because he didn't have any boots in my size..he again adviced me to buy a boot that was to large.
An inch room between the toes and the end of the boot. Is this to big? I am afraid in a neoprene flexible boot this is just to much room.

Anyway this put me off buying there..I felt he was just tryoing to push me into buying something from him. Did I make mistake? Was he correct in his advice?

Any boots that you can recommend. I only dive in tropical waters and www.diveinn.com is a place I could order online from.

Not sure if you want to even consider this but I have a cramping problem with one of my feet from an old injury. I never found a bootie and fin combo that didn't cause cramping for me. My soultion was no booties. I am using the Force Fin Pro model with the Velcro insert for bare feet. I have had no cramping problems whatsoever. These fins are open in the back as well as allow your feet to stick out in the front. I am not recommending the Force Fin for any other reason other than solving a cramping problem. I am however, satisfied with the fins performance in general. It is suggested you get them one size smaller if you are only going to use them barefooted.:shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom