Buying gear online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

799 is pretty much what it actually should be priced at. the hydros is a similar premium recreational bcd and that still isn't as ludicrously priced as the atomic.

799 is pretty much what it actually should be priced at. the hydros is a similar premium recreational bcd and that still isn't as ludicrously priced as the atomic.

Have you seen it?
It's really good love the weight system and the feel of it.

at the lds, but no way i would pay 1700 for it. that is drysuit money.

i spent less than 1700 on my set of single tank backmount gear including a drysuit.

Have you seen it?
It's really good love the weight system and the feel of it.

If you like it and it makes you happy, that’s really all that matters, but I doubt you’re going to get a lot of love for that bc here on SB.

#1 it’s a jacket-style bcd
#2 it’s the most expensive bcd out there and no one can really figure out why or see the need, so it makes people go “huh”?

On OPs 2nd question: its a good idea to check out new equipment in the pool. You want to know how everything works, where rings, releases are located, proper weighting, etc.

I always buy online after research, from scubaboard or scuba lab gear reviews. Local dive stores have always tried cornering me into buying stuff I don’t want or like. Plus pricing is usually better.

I paid $399 for my IST BC and love it! To each there own I guess.?.my bud, new to diving went out and spent top $$ on everything from his LDS....i said to him.....if I had your money, I'd burn mine :wink:

My three Hogs, nova fins mask and BC where less than $799.00 in total. there are some wonderful deals out there....new and used!

Ty for your input.
I am new to scuba but always been a water person. I have done lots of snorkeling and free diving. I am looking at package deals with leisure Pro and divers supply
I worry about the size in the BCD.

I buy almost everything online. Nearest dive shop is an hour drive away from me.

BCDs are slightly adjustable and should fit OK if you use the manufacturers size guidelines unless you have an unusual body shape.

Divers Supply and Divers Direct are running end of summer sales now. If you can wait for Black Friday, most online scuba dealers have big sales that day (or week)

Back
Top Bottom