BVI vs Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!

The turtle was flanking me, then turned towards me… I was swimming backwards, and he kept coming until his beak hit the lens! In the original video, you can hear it. Lol

I’m not that impressed with Cayman diving in general to be honest. The best dives we did were the ones @ Bloody Bay. One thing I think is funny about Cayman diving is how the groupers want to be pet and played with. I was swimming along and I felt a nudge on my arm (thought it was my wife)… Nope, it was a grouper, asking to be played with.

There are different types of formations in Brac. We went on one dive that was spur and groove coral formations, others were walls, some were shallower sites spread across sand flats (unimpressive). Unfortunately, I could not get anyone on my trip to do a shore dive with me, so I can’t speak to that. In Brac, I consider it ‘no frills…” There’s no fancy resorts, fancy restaurants, nightlife, etc. Just a sleepy island made for scuba. Beach is virtually non-existent.

Does Brac, LC or GC compare to Cozumel? Not in my option, not even close. I could go as far as to say that I would normally not even mention them in the same conversation. Cozumel is far superior, I even like it better than Belize and Honduras.

And FWIW, my 2nd favorite place I have dived is Maui.

No no no, you were supposed to reply that it's a mini Cozumel!!! Lol. I can dream...

I had a feeling it was no comparison. We dove Grand Cayman on a liveaboard a few years back. We couldn't make the crossing to the sister islands and I was very much underwhelmed with Grand Cayman. Very disappointing not to make the crossing.

I really want to get to Little Cayman and Bloody Bay at some point. But for the extra cost and pain in the butt that it takes to get there I'm not sure we will and I'm afraid we'll be disappointed in the diving for all the extra cost.

And we've been to Maui a couple of times. My next trip to Hawaii will involve the big island and diving with the mantas.

Fyi, if u dive Brac, bloody bay is an easy ride on the dive boat.

Headed to cozumel for the 2nd time this year in December :)

We were in Coz twice this year also. It's the first year we've done it twice. I couldn't come up with anything better. Enjoy your trip.

We did it 2x last yr, 2x this year. I can't get enough of it. We went without cozumel in 2013&2014 and we decided in 2015, we'd do cozumel 1x/yr + 1 new place/yr. My divemaster is awesome.

Next year will probably be cozumel + fiji aggressor for my 50th :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom