BZE to San Pedro - Water Taxi or Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only "issue" we had was two of us had gear bags that were too heavy for the flight we were on, so we had to wait an hour for the next flight to show up with our stuff on it, but we just grabbed a beer at Jamal's (sp) right outside the airport.

Hey, that's not an "issue." That's a great excuse to drink a beer! :D

Regarding catching a local flight out of Goldson, am I correct in thinking that after I arrive from Dallas, clear customs and walk out the Arrivals door, I then turn left and go back in the Departures door to hook up with Tropic? That is to say, is it the same Departures door I enter when I'm leaving the country to fly back to the States?

And from there I would then go through the same metal detector area and go back into the same waiting area as the flights leaving the country. Correct?

A local flight will be a first for me there. I understand that we may even make a few stops along the way before reaching Placencia. That would be so cool!

Last edited:
Almost. The door to domestic departures is directly on the left as you leave the (inbound) Customs Hall, but it's specific to domestic departures and is nowhere near the international departures area. There will still be a security check of a sort, but way more relaxed than the international ones. It's so long since I've flown internationally FROM BZE that I can't remember the details, but isn't the departures area upstairs? The domestic one is downstairs.

There's an upstairs? LOL

My memory, always suspect, is that the international departure waiting area is on the ground floor.

We would enter the airport through the Departure door, then go to the American Airlines ticket counter, which would be to the right along the back wall. After we checked our bags there, we would then turn left, walk past the Departure door on our left, stop at a little booth to pay our $35 hostage fee, oops, I mean departure tax, then continue on to the metal detector, where we would turn right and be in the waiting area.

I'm pretty sure we never went up any stairs.

If you're standing outside in the parking lot looking at the front of the airport, the Arrival door, i.e., the airport's exit door for arriving passengers, is to the left of the Departure door. I was thinking the ticket counter for Tropic is in the same room as American Airline's counter, in which case I would leave the building, turn left, then left again at the Departure door. But instead it sounds like I never leave the building.

Last edited:
You could well be right. It's ages since I've been there and I've not flown out of there internationally for over six years. I'll see if I can get some up-to-date info.

Thanks Peter. Per your reccomendation, I booked the 12:40 flight.
We are staying at the Sunbreeze which, to my understanding, is right accross the street from the airport so I guess getting the luggage there won't be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom