C-5050 settings, taking down for the 1st time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try this website out for settings for your camera
http://splashdowndivers.com/photo_gallery/underwater_photography/index.html

Dee sent it to me and i got great pictures using their settings on this page. I agree with dee on learning your camera well. It makes a difference when you are underwater and tring to change settings.

I am not sure with the 5050 but also if you can adjust it try playing with the white balance settings "without" a flash. If you can adjust white balance use a dive slate at the depth you intend to take the pics at and adjust for every few feet. and again dont use the flash with this mode

Here is a link to some pics I took with a 5060 and pt020 housing “no” flash at all just using the settings from the web page and adjusting the white balance. These are fresh water in dirty stained water. Vis was at most 30 feet.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/holoway@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

I agree with the advice to stay away from "P" mode primarly because the internal flash will not fire in "P" if you go to supermacro. (I'm a SUPERMACRO JUNKIE !!) You can make the flash fire in "M" but you have to set it to slave. I've stored this setting in "MY MODE 1" because it does take a bit of navigating to get the settings in place.

For flash in Supermacro go to main menu "OK"/MODE MENU/in Camera tab, scroll down to "FLASH" and hit right arrow button/scroll down to "SLAVE", hit right arrow/scroll up on the flash intensity to somewhere between 8-10 and hit OK several times until you are back to the top and can start taking pictures.

This setting will allow you to take shots much closer than in Macro mode with the added benefit of the flash.

Hey guys, I'm headed to Cozumel this weekend and thought I would dig this old thread up. This will be the first time my oly 5050 has been in the water. I had planned on doing some lake dives to get used to the camera, but work got the best of me.

If I choose to go with "A" mode (letting the camera control shutter), what is a good base setting? When using this mode, what flash and focus settings are recommended?

Are different settings recommended for subjects which are, say 10 feet away and moving, versus closer and still? Since I'll be with a group, I'm trying to keep from lagging behind trying to adjust settings. I'll be doing a shore dive the day we arrive where I can practice with the recommendations I've seen so far. It just sucks being a digital noob.

Back
Top Bottom