C2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga, Vaca Ha, and Kim Ha are all closed as well. Although you <might> be able to arrange access through Richard of Richard's restaurant in PA. He is apparently the new owner but not interested in allowing access. Talk to Danny or Fred they can give you the scoop.

Chinese Gardens and the waterfall EOL are nice. Also Xi Ha Tuunich if you haven't been there yet.

so, i think we did chinese gardens in taj by doing the circuit that ends in the first jump off the upstream line didn't we? might be nice to appreciate it a little bit more though, without an instructor over our heads... but i think we've been through that passage 3 times now...
First, congratulations :)

I think the circuit you did in Taj Mahal was the "Rumna River" circuit and is off of the DCS dome line.

You go in, jump left at first arrow, then right at a T. This connects to the main yellow lone after the DCS dome. The jump line cave is really quite nice along here if it was the same place

Congratulations!

First, congratulations :)

I think the circuit you did in Taj Mahal was the "Rumna River" circuit and is off of the DCS dome line.

You go in, jump left at first arrow, then right at a T. This connects to the main yellow lone after the DCS dome. The jump line cave is really quite nice along here if it was the same place

Yeah, that's the place we did our circuit.

Got the scoop from Fred on Chinese Gardens, Waterfall and the Bone Room, along with some Grand Cenote stick maps, and plans to do Actun Koh with Fred later.

Unfortunately, carwash has been trashing my ears and its migrated from my left ear to my right (whipped up some of the vinegar+h2o2+alcohol sauce and have some oto-eni as well i've been using but it hasn't prevented the infections from affecting diving -- i'm sidelined today again). Of course, we went right back to carwash and did room of the ancients and room of tears again to optimize our exposure to bacteria. We went past room of tears through more rabbit holes and then turned it at a major restriction.

Got the scoop from Fred on Chinese Gardens, Waterfall and the Bone Room, along with some Grand Cenote stick maps, and plans to do Actun Koh with Fred later.

Unfortunately, carwash has been trashing my ears and its migrated from my left ear to my right (whipped up some of the vinegar+h2o2+alcohol sauce and have some oto-eni as well i've been using but it hasn't prevented the infections from affecting diving -- i'm sidelined today again). Of course, we went right back to carwash and did room of the ancients and room of tears again to optimize our exposure to bacteria. We went past room of tears through more rabbit holes and then turned it at a major restriction.

Up past Room of Tears is Dreamland. I tried getting up there once and had to turn the dive at 3rds. Its very pretty up there though also tight passages.

If your ears arn't doing so well, I would advise staying out of Naharon or the entire Naranjal system. For some reason the bacteria in the water there always attacks my ears.

Chinese Gardens & Waterfall is a great stage dive. Something everybody down in Mexico should do once. Lots and lots of kicking though. Wore my legs down to the nub. :)

Another great dive to do. Temple of Doom. Where else do you get a 15 foot giant stride down to the water. :)

Up past Room of Tears is Dreamland. I tried getting up there once and had to turn the dive at 3rds. Its very pretty up there though also tight passages.

we dropped stages at lukes hope so had tons of gas. turned it at a point where the line is running NW and goes through a tiny little crack. weren't sure if we could squeeze through there or if it opened up again....

Another great dive to do. Temple of Doom. Where else do you get a 15 foot giant stride down to the water. :)

yeah, that is another one on our list of dives to do.

Aktun Koh is well recommended. We just did C1 dives there as it was before class. Not really even sure you can do a real cave2 dive down stream :)

downstream is like a darker version of nohoch. very recommended.

karims light died 10 mins into the upstream so I couldnt tell you but a scooter seems like it would make this dive awesome :)

Room of tears you can make in a 3 on doubles only, so unless you want to go past there ...
You can also jump off to the left before ROT into the crystal palace --- no idea whats in there but it sounds like fun :)

we dropped stages at lukes hope so had tons of gas. turned it at a point where the line is running NW and goes through a tiny little crack. weren't sure if we could squeeze through there or if it opened up again....

After it passes through the Room of Tears it enters a series of restrictions. Then there is a point where you can jump up through a chiminey like small passage. Did you get through that area?

Dos Piso is another great dive to do. It is a shallow cave south of Tulum.

If you are guiding with Fred multiple days. Ask him about Cenote Esmerelda or Cenote Del Mar. Very different systems.

Room of tears you can make in a 3 on doubles only, so unless you want to go past there ...

yeah, we didn't make it in class, but i was pretty sure that we'd make it with room to spare outside of class... we lugged a stage along anyway, which gave us all kinds of time to go past ROT...

You can also jump off to the left before ROT into the crystal palace --- no idea whats in there but it sounds like fun :)

from the map it looks like it must just be a short jump around the corner in that room...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom