California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

{{{{{{{:sunny:}}}}}}}

How 'bout a warm hug?

Dear JoeWR,

As one with schooling in history, I am surprised you did not know that the NH motto was actually a misprint... it was supposed to be ...

Live Free or Dive!

Yes, now it makes a whole lot more sense. Our NH brethren (sistern too) are not that stuffy. Oh no, they have just been the victims of an errant typo!

The same thing happend to my family as well... Do you recall that infamous "Murphy's law"??? My Uncle, ALbert Murray is the one who actually invented it... Yes, that's right it was Murray's law until that typo took all of our family glory away. We still do it best though!!!

:tease:

You still do WHAT best, Pete??????

Keralucu,

Since the Doc is off on an office call, I'll have to answer for him...and, probably, to him!

Murphy's (Murray's) Law, as I learned it, is: "If anything can go wrong, it will." Thus, one must conclude that what Pete et alia do best is do wrong...

Now (as Ross Perot used to say), there are variants to Murphy's (Murray's) Law, depending on what branch of science or engineering you are dealing with...but, they usually amount to the same thing...

Joewr...hoping the NetDoc will be okay with this answer...if not, INCOMING!, and this space is still available for rent...perhaps with a little bomb damage, though...

You got it right Joe!!! :tease:

Alison,

One of my favorite colloraries to Murray's (Murphy's) Law is that constants aren't and variables won't. All Murray's are doubley subject to Murphy's Law... IF something CAN be screwed up, we will do it. The only one who comes even close is JoeWR...

:tease:

BTW, If I am not mistaken, Uncle AL changed his last name to Gore or something to try and escape his destiny. I don't believe it worked... (as usual)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom