Cambodia needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been a regular user of scubaboard for various dive centers I have managed

And now after years of atempting to work on conservation through the shops I,ve managed, Its time to devote 100% of my time to the things I,m most passionate about

I,d like to let everyone know about Cambodia

Well, its awesome and if you like small crazy macro life, its one of the best.

I will start to post photos here to let everyone see what we have,

I'm looking for support from divers around the world.
We have started a non profit org marineconservationcambodia.org

And will be taking divers out to the research sites, all profits go towards financing the conservation and research.
Cambodia is finally starting to recover fully and with this comes its own problems, including things like destructive fishing and overfishing.
When I first started diving here I would find upto 50+seahorses of upto 6 different species in a single dive, now its around 15 to 20, still alot but the numbers are dropping rapidly due to dredging of their main breeding grounds.

We are working as fast as we can to protect the areas, and starting to make a difference but with more expertise and support we can do more and faster.

Anyone interested in helping or getting involved is welcome to contact me

Thanks

Paul Ferber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom