Campaign Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, for those of you that have not seen it yet, there is a little competition going on in a Sticky Thread up above... It is a contest put on by Dive Right In Scuba for a 30-45 sec spot made by us scubaboarders, the winner of this contest gets a $500 gift certificate to Dive Right In Scuba. The submissions have been done and now it is down to voting by YOU the all mighty scubaboard members.

I am here to campaign on my own behalf.... And I am going to plead to your sentimental side...

Please take a moment and check out this thread and take a look at all the videos, and vote for whom ever you thinks is best. BUT my video is #2 just so you know....:D

Now let me tell you why I think I should win this competition.

Because of these guys below....
IMG_5794.jpg

As any of you know that have kids, they take up all the money in the household, so the $500 would help out imensely with my scuba habit... I promise to do only good with the products and/or services purchased from Dive Right In Scuba.

Is this a desperate measure? Sure...

Again, check out this thread and vote for the best video on there, just remember that MY video is #2:D

Thank you for your time and have a great day....

My Name is Phil
and I approved this message!

Contestant #1's response....

Your kids are truly a gift Phil and I wish you much luck and love in the years to come...Honestly...One dad to another. :angel:

That said people of the Scuba Board...

I happen to be contestant #1 in the same contest Phil mentioned above. I also have a two month old daughter and she can be seen in my video in the contest. Now while Phil is a fine contestant and maybe even a better dad (wink), I ask that you vote for my video...video #1...because it is the only true original full motion video in the contest.

I filmed, edited, wrote, and acted in an original video and not a copy and pasted slide show like Phil and the rest of the contestants. Note that the "video" Phil made looks very similar to the other videos in the contest. Why? Phil, and the others, simply went on to the web page of the contest sponsor, copied some photos and art work from the web page, photos he didn't even take, and pasted them into a simple editing program and away he goes claiming to have a video fit to win when in fact all he has is a slide show of pictures he didn't even take.

So come and check out my video video and the other four slide shows and then you be the judge of who has the best original video. Thanks folks and good luck Phil.:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Paid for by the committee to select a winner based on the content of one's video and not a sad photo posted in some other thread pleading people to vote for the wrong reasons.

I do not care if you vote for the wrong reasons just as long as you vote for ME, Video #2:D.

Yes video #1 is original, but that does not make it good... I mean look at the subliminal undertones of the sexual nature. is that something that you really want to subject your kids to, or yourself for that matter?

So just do what is the correct thing to do and vote for #2

Thank you for your support....

Phil

I rest my case.:wink:

On this fact we do not disagree.... How many original movies go straight to DVD, how many original TV shows don't get past the pilot?

Tell your friends, tell your family anyone that may be a scubaboard member you need to ask them to vote, and vote for #2

Thank You...

Phil

Why? Phil, and the others, simply went on to the web page of the contest sponsor, copied some photos and art work from the web page, photos he didn't even take, and pasted them into a simple editing program and away he goes claiming to have a video fit to win when in fact all he has is a slide show of pictures he didn't even take.

So did you use any photos in your video that you did not take?

Phil

So did you use any photos in your video that you did not take?

Phil

Still curious?

A simple yes or no will do....

Thanks
Phil

Back
Top Bottom