Can Light Cord Route

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
It happens...lost one a couple weekends ago deploying my light on the way down.
So you managed to open both end without realizing the each end wasn't clipped off. :D Ouch.

Mind you, I'm still not convinced its the best way. It does seem a bit awkward. I'm going to dive it a few more times and I might go back to just a single clip at the Goodman handle.

JeffG:
So you managed to open both end without realizing the each end wasn't clipped off. :D Ouch.

I unclipped it from my chest, and I must have caught the other gate on something while deploying it when my buddy noticed it falling into the abyss.

I still use that method...first time I ever had any trouble and I carry an extra double ender for that reason, since they are easy to drop.

Amazing ... eight pages of posts about whether the light cord gizzinta or gizzouta.

I was an undertucker until this week-end ... but I was usually carrying the light in my right hand (definitely not DIR, but at least this topic was never an issue).

Anyway, during the past three days I took a little workshop where we went through some of these scenarios. One was to demonstrate what would happen when you deployed your long hose with the light cord over (and the light in the left hand, of course, since this was a DIR workshop).

Well, nothing bad ... the hose deployed just fine. After the donee got the reg and was breathing comfortably, all I had to do was move the light head under the hose (took maybe two seconds) to release the tension from the light cord. In truth, could've just dived it like that if other bad stuff was going on.

Guess I'll just keep doing it like that.

It was also my first trimix dive ... but that's a drug for another conversation ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bumpin this thread to the top because I found it useful.

Vayu:
Bumpin this thread to the top because I found it useful.

DEAD THREAD WALKING!

:D

(Useful, yes. But how the heck did you FIND it?)

Oh my. I started this thread two years ago this month, which makes this month my 2 year Salvo 21w HID anniversary! :jump3:

Cord over, btw... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom