Can Light Cord Route

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One last tid bit... even if you route under the long hose and for some reason clip off the light head back over the long hose you will still be able to effectively donate your regulator. Try it. Yes, you will need to unclip the light head and do a minor unwrap of cord and hose in order to fully deploy all 7' of the long hose but this really isn't a big deal.

IF however you route over you long hose habitually and end up stowing your light cord over the top of your long hose by tucking it into your waist belt... even on the right side... you will definitely trap your long hose.

Tried it...a few times...it gets pretty well trapped. There's pretty much no way to trap the hose when it's over...and hypothetically, if you were to, it only hinders deployment down to about where the cannister is anyhow.

We'll have to agree to disagree...Like I said, I was vehemently arguing your side of the story for almost 2 years, so I understand where you are coming from and the mindset. I've tried it both ways and over makes a more sense to me.

Uncle Pug:
IF however you route over you long hose habitually and end up stowing your light cord over the top of your long hose by tucking it into your waist belt... even on the right side... you will definitely trap your long hose.

i don't see how you mix up routing and stowing. for routing, you just unclip, pull the hose free and deploy to the left arm. for stowing you always clip off and then stow the cord under the longhose and belt. there doesn't seem to me to be any confusion, since after clipping off you always clean up and stow under the long hose...

Since it seems the two year long battle with Soggy has finally come to an end, I'll stay out of the debate as he's got my feelings pretty much down cold [finally!].

Rick Inman:
Also, I like to dump air from my BC with the rear dump. When reaching back, do you move the light to the right hand during the dump, or just reach back for a sec with light in hand?

But just to touch on this one. Soggy might tell ya what I might say to you as we get on the boat; well... probably as soon as there is enough gas in my wing to keep me afloat to remove my reg and start speaking...

... that would drive me absolutely positively nuts if my buddy did that during a dive; expecially if I was leading. Everytime that light goes out of my field of view, I'm going to have to stop, see where you're going or what's wrong with you, and then continue on when I figure out you just forgot to keep your light steady as you were mucking with stuff. First and foremost is to try and keep that "line of communication" steady.. so I'd switch over to the right hand, back with the left to the dump, give it a tug, verify your pressure while you're back there, then switch back nice and smooth. Anything else is gonna get me doing what I do best.... complaining. [oh and don't get me started on winding a reel or spool with the left hand :)]

Spectre:
...oh and don't get me started on winding a reel or spool with the left hand :)

I don't dive with that stuff... but I can imagine. Hamana-hamana-hamana as the light is going from sky, to ground, to your face, to sky, to ground...

Classic.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom