Can Light Cord Route

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick,

Two attachments or one? That is another debate. :)
I have two bolt snaps tied to my LH. One to the Goodman Handle and the othe to the glad/nut on the back of the ballast box. Some people like using the two loops and one bolt snap. Thinking of trying it, just not to keen on the idea of losing Bolt Snaps

ericfine50:
Rick,

Two attachments or one? That is another debate. :)
I have two bolt snaps tied to my LH. One to the Goodman Handle and the othe to the glad/nut on the back of the ballast box. Some people like using the two loops and one bolt snap. Thinking of trying it, just not to keen on the idea of losing Bolt Snaps
Why would you lose them?

You only "fiddle" with one side at a time.

Hi Jeff,

You are right, not having tried it, I don't know. Guess - next time I dive, I have to try it.

Got it! Dived it! Loved it!

Here is my long boring review: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=110106

Thank you all for the great wisdom! The light came without a manual - no instructions at all! (You'd think for eleven hundred bucks, Barry would toss in some instructions)

I couldn't have dived it without you!

Rick Inman:
Got it! Dived it! Loved it!

Here is my long boring review: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=110106

Thank you all for the great wisdom! The light came without a manual - no instructions at all! (You'd think for eleven hundred bucks, Barry would toss in some instructions)

I couldn't have dived it without you!
Glad you liked it. Don't leave it uncharged for days, etc. - when you get home or back to the hotel, whatever, take the battery out of the cannister and put it on the charger right away.

Hope it gives you lots of 'brighter, safer dives'.

I still have the loop on the gland but don't use the double ender anymore so it is a vestidual remain at this point.

For the diving I do out here in the PNW there is no need to be clipping off and on the lighthead with any frequency. When I do I just use the little boltsnap attached to the goodman handle (and at present it is attached with braided nylon line.)

Soggy:
If you do not reroute the cord under the long hose every single time you clip it off, you trap the long hose in the light cord.

Either way, it doesn't really matter...as long as you can manage the cord, that's what's important, but I see the risk of forgetting to run the head back under the hose when clipping off to be greater than adding a non-critical step to an air share and, according to JJ at least, GUE agrees.

With the light cord over the hose when you go to donate the hole hose still comes out it just pulls the light cord around the last foot or so of the hose along your right side. Not a big deal at all. Out of airs tend to not be true out of airs, they tend to be, oh crap I don't have gas right now, such as during a stage or deco switch. Guess what, this is usually when your light is clipped off. When you go over the hose and clip off no big deal. But, if you run under and this is the one time you forgot, much bigger deal. For those of you not doing stage dives the reasoning for this being the better solution is probably not as obvious. However, given the scope of the problems each can create, it is still better to go over the hose. I argued with the GUE cave instructors about this for a long time when they want to the under the hose method. Because, I did forget to take it back out when I clipped off and it was so annoying I immediately switched back to the old method.

As far as the looping the light cord over your head. Same thing, works with no stages, but once you start adding stage regs going behind your head it creates the greater potential for a charlie foxtrot. I just use the small clip on the side of the handle and tug it so it will shine down. I am experimenting with the loop for the double ender behind the ballast (leaving the small clip where it is) for when I need to see what I am doing such as surveying but have not decided if it is a good or a bad idea yet. Leaning towards good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom