Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt very much that a Cancun cab driver can pick up a fare in Playa and I am sure that the Playa driver can't take a fare in the airport.
Happens every day.

I doubt very much that a Cancun cab driver can pick up a fare in Playa and I am sure that the Playa driver can't take a fare in the airport.

I'm not 100% certain, but I seem to remember my guy having Cancun on his door.

Is there a cost efficient taxi/shuttle from the ferry terminal to the airport in Cancun for one person if I don't want to take ADO?

Anyone have recommendations?
CVChiefs guy at American transfers Cancun.
Pre covid they were getting about 45/50 USD for up to 4 in a van around $60USD for 6
WhatsApp/ cell
52 998 201 1720
Jose Hernandez
Never heard a negative word on their service to or from to the Cancun airport

I think you are wrong on this.
There is no one regulating taxi pickups in PLC or controlling who can enter the airport for drop offs. Pickup up at the airport is controlled.

CVChiefs guy at American transfers Cancun.
Pre covid they were getting about 45/50 USD for up to 4 in a van around $60USD for 6
WhatsApp/ cell
52 998 201 1720
Jose Hernandez
Never heard a negative word on their service to or from to the Cancun airport
I stand corrected. He told me 850 Pesos or about $39 USD.

850 pesos one way is the current rate. 1700 RT. But he asked for $40 US upon drop off...

I'm not 100% certain, but I seem to remember my guy having Cancun on his door.
Ok, maybe the taxi has to be licensed to go to the airport for drop-offs, but if a licensed taxi takes a fare from the airport to PDC, they don't want to return empty.

Ok, maybe the taxi has to be licensed to go to the airport for drop-offs, but if a licensed taxi takes a fare from the airport to PDC, they don't want to return empty.

They may not, but do you have the foggiest notion of what the Playa taxi union would do to that poor sap?

There is no one regulating taxi pickups in PLC or controlling who can enter the airport for drop offs. Pickup up at the airport is controlled.

I stand corrected. He told me 850 Pesos or about $39 USD.
I said "I am sure that the Playa driver can't take a fare in the airport."
I am well aware a Playa driver can drop off a fare at the airport.

Unless things have changed a Cancun cab can't pick up a fare in Playa. The taxi mafia just doesn't allow it. I don't know anything about how special van transfers work. You may think there is no one regulating taxi pickups in Playa but the Playa taxi drivers most likely disagree.

Back
Top Bottom