Cancun to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone do the bag drag from Terminal 4 using ADO lately? There's a lot of conflicting instructions out there on how to get to the buses.

Anyone do the bag drag from Terminal 4 using ADO lately? There's a lot of conflicting instructions out there on how to get to the buses.
See post 41.......

ADO buses for the Cancun airport to Playa leg are roughly equivalent to US Greyhounds. At every terminal at the airport they have a ticket stand either just inside the exit door or just outside, and they accept both dollars and pesos (I don't know how good their exchange rate is). After buying your ticket they will direct you to a bus platform. Heavy baggage goes underneath the passenger compartment. Tipping the baggage handlers, even five or ten pesos, is appreciated. There's a small shelf over the seats, and a small amount of room under the seat for anything you carry on.

See post 41.......

ADO buses for the Cancun airport to Playa leg are roughly equivalent to US Greyhounds. At every terminal at the airport they have a ticket stand either just inside the exit door or just outside, and they accept both dollars and pesos (I don't know how good their exchange rate is). After buying your ticket they will direct you to a bus platform. Heavy baggage goes underneath the passenger compartment. Tipping the baggage handlers, even five or ten pesos, is appreciated. There's a small shelf over the seats, and a small amount of room under the seat for anything you carry on.
Thanks, I saw that post. I'm asking if anyone has personal recent experience.

I walked out of Terminal 4 in May and it was a madhouse. The whole time I was wandering around looking for my rental car contact, I didn't see any signs pointing towards the ADO stand. I'm sure I can ask at one of the ADO stands inside the terminal, but I'd prefer to know how to find the bus ahead of time.

Thanks, I saw that post. I'm asking if anyone has personal recent experience.

I walked out of Terminal 4 in May and it was a madhouse. The whole time I was wandering around looking for my rental car contact, I didn't see any signs pointing towards the ADO stand. I'm sure I can ask at one of the ADO stands inside the terminal, but I'd prefer to know how to find the bus ahead of time.

I have not done it from Terminal 4 yet but when I asked the same question it was "go out the doors and turn left." At Terminal 3 it's to the right. I plan on buying my ticket the first time inside, at the ADO booth so I'll be sure and find the bus. The first time I did it I had instructions printed out, in my hand, and had trouble finding the bus. It turns out the instructions were for Terminal 2. The internet is full of useful mis-information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom