Canon G12 v. S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy and Interceptor: The owner of the dive shop I volunteer instruct at is also contemplating this question and then we'll buy at the same time from the same dealer to try to get a deal. Based on the great posts in this thread, I'm going with the S100 and Fix housing (I am a bit unnerved by some claims that the S100 doesn't sit perfectly in the Fix and may reconsider the Recsea). My pal is a big fan of the G series and has decided to get the G12 and the Fix housing mainly because of the external exposure control on the G12. Not so important to me and the size, WA lens fits, and performance descriptions within this post on the S100 keeps me happy with my decision. With either aluminum housing, I'm comfortable with the external strobe being on an arm-tray set-up.
Thanks.
Rob

A Gx series with a fix housing is fine is just very expensive...

Even that site says the S100 is better and S100 and G12 have all Canon, Ikelite and Fix

Calm down, I'm not arguing the point. The G12 has some features that I like better and work for me.

A Gx series with a fix housing is fine is just very expensive...

Even that site says the S100 is better and S100 and G12 have all Canon, Ikelite and Fix

Exactly my point. My pal and I debated, researched, arm wrestled and ended up with a split decision. One for S100 and one for G12. We do know we'll both be happy. Now, though I don't want time to fly too fast, I do want to get to November in the Maldives and into some nice, clear, fish filled water with my new camera soon so I can experiment and play with my new set-up.

Rob

Joshaw. I used the ikelite housing in the photos the vids from above.

I had a sola 800 video light for the night shots and video (mainly octopus vid)

Ikelite housing has 67mm threads for external lens and filters.

Thanks. So you would say the Ikelite housing is OK? or at least better than the Canon? as I don't really have the budget at the moment for a Recsea or Fix housing.

I've read quite a few complaints about Canon housings so I'm not trusting one. Ike is a solid performer so that's what I chose.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom