Carrying a Doubles Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehuber:
What's the best way to carry a doubles rig when it's not on your back?

Honestly... On a dolly or something like it. I try to only carry it on my back or cart/dolly. If I have to carry them it is usually only for short distances, anything else and my back will suffer.

I got an amazing folding hand truck from home depot for under 40 dollars, moves doubled LP 120's no problem up and down stairs and all

ehuber:
What's the best way to carry a doubles rig when it's not on your back?
Find a strong buddy :D
I don't believe that it is a problem to lift and carry them by lifting the manifold. At least that is what we do! But the hand truck is the way to go :14:

same exact one, my friends were leary that it would break but its gotten alot of use, and its still in great condition

Cheekymonkey:
hmm if ur lifitng manifold seems easier, but actually lifting form the base is beter on ur back

I agree, I grab them around the base and carry them tight against my chest so that I can have my back straight and the weight distributed. I once made the mistake of grabbing them by the manifold one-handed and carrying it, that threw out my back pretty good.

I just attach a plate and lug them that way. Easier on the back. If I have to just go some short distance, I'll grab them by the manifold (e.g getting them from the car to the shop for fills, maybe 50'). Usually, though, it's easier to just throw them on my back.

Rainer:
I just attach a plate and lug them that way. Easier on the back. If I have to just go some short distance, I'll grab them by the manifold (e.g getting them from the car to the shop for fills, maybe 50'). Usually, though, it's easier to just throw them on my back.

Agree with you there too, if they are on my back I seem to have no problem, but if they are not or I don't have the plate/harness with me, then I use the cart to save my back.

Back
Top Bottom