Catastrophic or Aquastrophics??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just googled these SDA guys, Scuba Divers of America... their website is identical to the onlinescubalessons.com website, and the aquastrophics website which is probably the same as the nitrox website... when i say identical, I mean, the same low budget, "I did it in my basement on my pc" look... not sure I would trust an "agency" that feels the need to have at least 4 different websites that are all basically the same.

Edit: and oh yeah, there's another thread about these guys being a scam.. hmm

I just googled these SDA guys, Scuba Divers of America... their website is identical to the onlinescubalessons.com website, and the aquastrophics website which is probably the same as the nitrox website... when i say identical, I mean, the same low budget, "I did it in my basement on my pc" look... not sure I would trust an "agency" that feels the need to have at least 4 different websites that are all basically the same.

Edit: and oh yeah, there's another thread about these guys being a scam.. hmm
Yes, this one is over a year old, but I bumped it to go with a couple more active ones about this "accredited" agency...

Also see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...iving/242958-onlinescubalessons-com-scam.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/192712-online-nitrox-sda.html

And other threads in this search

All WRSTC agencies have dropped the dive requirement. While the dives were of slight value the lab portion of a nitrox class is a good thing. If you have any casual exposure to the O2 testing then it's probably a wash.

Pete

That is not true. YMCA still requires dives.

FRAUD, FAKE, NOT RECOGNIZED DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

Here is some info for all of you. As a NAUI Course Director # 45816 and PADI Master Instructor # 96038 (call the agencies and check my number is current and in good standing).
I recently had a client come in and present a certificate from AQUATROPHICS DIVE AND TRAVEL, signed by DAVID HOLT " MASTER CHEIF SCUBA INSTRUCTOR" firstly, the only agency that has a MASTER CHEIF is the NAVY, secondly the David Holt has had his NAUI instructor membership REVOKED. I PERSONALLY CONFIRMED THIS WITH NAUI HEADQUARTERS, Training Director Randy Shaw . You can look on line on the NAUI website and look under the EDUCATION tab and find QUALITY ASSURANCE, under this tab you will see that David Holt has had his license suspended then revoked.
"Holt, David #15465
(Suspended: 7/15/2006, Revoked: 19 January, 2007)"

I made further checks with other agencies and found that the
World Recreational Scuba Training Counsil (WRSTC) only recognizes one online course for certification THIS IS NOT IT. The certificate for 89.95 is worthless as the paper its written on.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IS YOUR LIFE WORTH MORE THEN 89.95
get certified from a reputable scuba center, not an online class.
THIS IS A FRAUD, FAKE, WASTE OF MONEY, NOT WORTH YOUR LIFE
FEEL FREE TO WRITE ME AT DIVERSCOVE@SBCGLOBAL.NET FOR ANY DIVE QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. I offer you an honest direct answer, if I do not have the answer, I will find out and get back to you asap.
Robert Flores

I took my nitrox course back in 2002 with PADI and 2 dives, I've never regretted the expenditure of time or money, the benefits have been massive. The PADI website now advertises an online course available soon. I'm hoping I can convince my wife that the online course (I'm assuming no dives) will be her best opportunity to get nitrox certified and to enjoy the benefit with me. I believe it may be of benefit to be certified through a nationally, internationally recognized agency.

Good diving, Craig

This thread is a little old but since its been given new life here's my 2 PSI

I see the benefits of CERTIFIED divers getting as much additional education they can on line, it saves time for them and the instructor.

I still think they should go to an Instructor to do a knowledge review/additional training/answer questions and take the exam, and do some dives, before recieving a C-card or getting an annotation in their divelog that they completed the training.

I train ANDI, PADI and NAUI. ONLY PADI is accepted as an online course. it is a waste of money to go on line then to have to cover it again with an instructor who will provide a student kit / crew kit with all the material that is REQUIRED present. You have to use the AGENCIES material to become certified. Get an intructors license, and learn what is required legally and by procedures and protocol/ Standards & Procedures manual.
only PADI allows on line training, it is the only agency that is accepted by the WRSTC for on line training. PERIOD, no if ands or buts
Course Director
Robert Flores

Ok, right off the bat I will state that I'm not associated with SDI/TDI so I can not speak with certainty. Other instructors that I know do train divers using the SDI online Computer Nitrox Course. Book work done online, and then a night spent with an instructor going over the material, analyzing gas, MOD, ox-tox etc. Not as complete a course as either PADI or TDI's full course but I have seen no issues with divers getting fills using this cert.
Again, not part of SDI/TDI but they have always been a straight up organization. They've got a number of online listings for courses.

Special Advisories - Dive Centers and Resorts (From PADI's Website)
Has been posted before but worth repeating!

spacer.gif
Quality Management Report

Special Advisories - Dive Centers and Resorts

The following Special Notice section is designed to protect consumers against misrepresentation. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the individuals listed, please contact the Quality Assurance Department.

Please note that neither David Holt, Aquastrophics nor OnlineScubaLessons.com have been PADI Members at any time. Please also note that the academic program offered by these three entities is not valid for PADI Open Water Diver referrals nor certification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom