Caution Piranhas in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....it ain't much (as my dear old dad used to say). A 1996 Layton 21' 5th wheel trailer behind my 1995 Dodge half ton. I will admit, it has hot and cold running water, a frig with freezer, forced air heat, air conditioning, stove and oven, microwave, stereo, tv with VCR, a sofa and a dinette and a 'tiny' little bathroom with an even 'tinyer' shower and stool, and not enough room to change your mind. But we'll be taking it to Kingston this weekend, the same way we took it to Tobermory in June for the dives up there. I really like to camp when we go on diving trips as I don't have to deal with motel rooms and such and all of my stuff has a place to live without lugging it around too much. :wink:

My regular dive partner (Dave) and I have been talking about a weekend trip to Gilboa (probably in September) so we'll let you all know, and you can meet us there and inspect the accomidations....

I would tend to stay away from Gilboa on any holiday weekend, due to the crowds and the ensueing silt and muck that they stir up in waters that small. Better two weekends later on the 13th and 14th when all the families are busy with 'little Billy' in the third week of second grade and in need of a science project. I really am NOT anti-social, I just CHOOSE not to be found in a mob of people. Quiet and simple are better as far as I'm concerned. Several new friends, a big pot of chili on the stove (or better yet over the fire) and a cooler full of Ale of some kind is more to my liking.

Let me know if you kids are interested and I'll make plans with my partner Dave to dive down after work on Friday the 12th and leave on Sunday the 14th. It could be a good time!

I could be persuaded to make dives in September at Gilboa.....not to mention that my brother would more than likely be able to go as well...

I'll have to convince the wife that I need to go diving on two seperate occasions....we'll see how that goes over.

I have 6 names for next year so far. At this point we have room for 6 more. Sounds like some might be camping. The rest of us will be in a motel across from the marina. Might be a good idea to have a cookout along the lines of what Tom has mentioned:)

Camping is no hardship for us, we try to go several times a year for four or five days. If this is just a weekend thing, I can probably "slip the yoke" and come up by myself, or bring my buddy Dave.

As for a big cookout, I'm in favor and will be happy to lend a hand when it comes to cooking, especially if we are cooking over the fire...

We can make better plans, closer to the date of the dives, next year. So somebody keep a list of the names and email addresses for next season.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
the labor day weekend diving day at gilboa....I'll find the thread in a minute. It has been a while since it has been bumped, and I am wondering if people are still thinking about it....

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30986&highlight=Gilboa

Anyone plan to be there on Friday as well that you know of? I want to make it up that way for some diving and would love to join the party, but I believe my in-laws are coming to town for the little bash on the river in Cincinnati so I don't think Sunday would work for me. If i could dive Friday and Saturday and maybe come home Sunday morning that would be good. I guess I had better check with the wife first though. :wink:

You had to meet Big-T :D

Brian, on the other hand, is a sweetie and I'm sure it was T's fault that there were some time keeping issues :wink:

Glad you guys had fun, Bruce can't believe you enjoyed your dive on the Cedarville, when he dove it he said it was the most unpleasant experience he'd had in his life (the vis was bad that day).

Wish we could have been there but it's vacation season and we're short-handed at work. What are the dates for next year?

Ber :bunny:

I beleive are the first weekend in AUG of next year...so Aug.6,7,8 ish time frame.

And to defned my little bit of pride...it was Brian who screwed up the clock..not big-T...

I hope to have some decent pics back this afternoon...if the lab hasn't F*D them up again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom