Cave Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
For a long time now I have offered any cave diver looking for a buddy to dive with me during classes or during guided dives that I am conducting. Generally I ask the buddy to become a part of the team and participate in training exercises for the class. The same drills you completed in your cave classes.

All I ask is that you be certified at least to the level the class is being conducted in and that you are flexible to dive with us in the springs chosen for the training being conducted. Proper gear configuration, gasses etc of course are part of the deal.

There is a training calendar located at: This Link that outlines what classes etc I am conducting. Take a look at the calendar, if you see days you need a buddy and are willing to join in as a student/team member give me a call, PM, or e-mail. I do not charge for this. I would apppreciate a donation to the NSS-CDS as a "Refresher" course in the amount of $25-$50 which will go to the CDS, not me.

Thanks for the head's up. What a great idea! And I really like the idea of a donation to the NSS-CDS. Are you okay with us being CCR Cave certified or does that screw up your plans with your students?

Thanks for the head's up. What a great idea! And I really like the idea of a donation to the NSS-CDS. Are you okay with us being CCR Cave certified or does that screw up your plans with your students?

I am not a CCR diver, never had one on. because of that my ability to deal with CCR's in a cave or in O/W for that matter is severely compromised. In the class setting I would be unable to have CCR divers in the team. I look forward to the day when I am well versed, maybe even certified to dive CCR's, but that is not the case now.

Thanks for the question.

Jim

Jim, You the man! I maybe taking you up on that offer at some point when I get cave certified. :)

Doug, are you cave diving now? If so, then you should tag along with us.

Doug, are you cave diving now? If so, then you should tag along with us.

Ed:
Speaking of... (twist...twist...) :D

Jeano Beano

Jim, what a beautiful offer. I'm sorry that the schedule of our trip this coming weekend won't permit us to hook up with you, but perhaps next time. I'd have no problem at all making the donation.

Jim
This is most generous offer on your part. Thanks
One question, when viewing the calender there is an indication of the number of spaces available. Is this number the spaces available for additional students or additional folks who can join in on the dive. Thanks and I look forward to participating.

Jim
This is most generous offer on your part. Thanks
One question, when viewing the calender there is an indication of the number of spaces available. Is this number the spaces available for additional students or additional folks who can join in on the dive. Thanks and I look forward to participating.

Students or additional folks who can join in on the dive, obviously I'd prefer students but whoever signs up first is who gets the space. I look forward to your participation as well.

Jim

Jim,
This a very kind offer on your part and I thank you for it! I look forward todiving with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom